• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot chdir: Permission denied

D

Dan11

While attempting to migrate individual sites from Parallels Pro (Ensim) 10.3.4 to Plesk 10.1.1, I repeatedly get a "Cannot chdir: Permission denied" error when the migration script attempts to unpack the email users' mailbox tar file. The tar file seems ok and I can manually unpack it, but I can't get the migration script to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Here is the XML error log:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<execution-result status="success">
<object name="user_name" type="client">
<object name="domain_name" type="domain">
<message code="CantUnpackMailboxContent" severity="error">
<context>void plesk::DomainMailRefferred::extractMailBox(Mailbox_Refferred_*) [with Mailbox_Refferred_ = plesk::Mailbox_Refferred<plesk::Cid>]</context>
<file>./Cid.cpp</file>
<line>438</line>
<text>Can not deploy mail content of user_name@domain_name</text>
<message code="tRepository::StreamError" severity="error">
<text>Archiver error: from /usr/local/psa/PMM/var/20110320135750991/domains/domain_name/mailnames/mailname_user_name_1103201400.tar to /var/qmail/mailnames/domain_name/user_name/Maildir: tar: /var/qmail/mailnames/domain_name/user_name/Maildir: Cannot chdir: Permission denied tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now</text>
</message>
</message>
</object>
</object>
</execution-result>

Is this question still actual?
Looks like the same bug as described in this thread.
The content of the emails is unpacked with the rights of the popuser account, which normally has userid 110. So you may check if the user exists and the target directory has the right permissions.

Back