• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot create new domains PHP 'not installed'

K

KristianB

Hopefully somoeone may be able to offer some advice or suggestions, as I've been experience issues with Plesk out of the blue the last few weeks.

I have a dedicated server here in the UK with fasthosts (win 2008 server, IIS 7), which which has been running fine for nearly a year. it was running plesk 9.2, and then out of the blue it got errors creating a new domain saying that PHP wasn't installed.

PHP was/is installed on the server, and is still running fine within my 12+ domains/websites. at the point of the error it was running 5.3.8 - i had manually upgraded the version outside of Plesk, but it had seen the new version when installing new domains.

When Plesk stopped seeing that PHP was installed, my hosts asked me to upgrade Plesk, as it would solve the issue. I used that ai.exe program, and choose v11.

The control panel installed OK - but I did lose my websites for a while, due to it downgrading my PHP to v5.2, and installing an older MySQL version which tried to use the same ports etc (I also have manually installed mysql v5.5 and have 1gig databases in that installation!).

After chosing the upgrade to 5.3 option in the Plesk control panel, and turning the Plesk installed Mysql v5.1 service off and to disabled in windows services - 'revealing' my 5.5 version, I could at least get my websites up and running once again!

Once all those were running (the priority), I have found that v11 Plesk has the same problem as v9.2, namely that it doesn't think that PHP is installed and available.

The error on installing a new domain;
Error: Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Execute websrvmng --add-domain "--domain-name=testkrispy.co.uk" failed with error code 1: PHP 5 is not installed

Oddly it does see PHP 5.3.15 in the Service components screen, and it's ticked 'green' in that page, so all looks well.

BUT: on trying to install a new domain using plesk I get this;

and also on pages such as webmail - it also shows 'PHP not installed' against those webmail clients which would need PHP to run.

Has anyone a solution for this - a way to 'force' Plesk to see that the PHP 5.3.15 version that it itself installed (and I've removed the component and re-installed using Plesk, still no help).

My list on the server components page;
ASP 7.0.6002.18276
ASP.NET 2.0.50727.4016
FastCGI Support 7.0.6002.22343
Perl v5.10.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
PHP 5.3.15
Python 2.6.5.12
SSI 7.0.6001.18000

I've tried something found on this forum (under the 10.4 area), but that hasn't fixed it;
"C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_11.0.9\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\php53.msi" you will have an option for "repair" - ran that, no difference.

So as it stands, Plesk 11 is running, and most functions work, it just doesn't recognise the PHP install that it put in place... so I can't add software which requires PHP through Plesk, nor add new domains. All existing domains are running and using PHP fine - so it's installed OK.

One error I've noticed on startup - within the PHP error log, is the following - which I'm guessing is coming from the Plesk's own PHP executable (I can see it uses a 5.3.10 version in it's own admin area, with an extended php.ini file? ) I'm guessing the plesk's php.ini extension is trying to double load some dlls (which isn't a problem?) but seems to not find the php_sockets.dll - although that file is in the directory specified!? If it's a php dll around network sockets, maybe it is trying to use those to communicate with a running php instance? (Just guessing here?)

[30-Jul-2012 15:56:42 UTC] PHP Warning: Module 'mbstring' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
[30-Jul-2012 15:56:43 UTC] PHP Warning: Module 'mysql' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
[30-Jul-2012 15:56:43 UTC] PHP Warning: Module 'mysqli' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
[30-Jul-2012 15:56:44 UTC] PHP Warning: Module 'pdo_mysql' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
[30-Jul-2012 15:56:44 UTC] PHP Warning: Module 'pdo_sqlite' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
[30-Jul-2012 15:56:44 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\plesk\Additional\PleskPHP53\ext\php_sockets.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found. in Unknown on line 0

thanks for any help/advice offered!

Thanks for that, after reading; http://kb.parallels.com/en/1770

I've checked my registry - there was no entry in that section - in fact it didn't exist at all, instead it was within;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PHP\5\IniFilePath

So i've added keys to;
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP\5\IniFilePath

which points to; C:\plesk\Additional\PleskPHP53\php.ini

I restarted Plesk panel, and also the Plesk site through IIS .. tried refreshing the components within Plesk. I still see it ticked as an installed component, but items like the webmail and adding a domain still say 'no php installed'

"Error: Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Execute websrvmng --add-domain "--domain-name=abctest123.co.uk" failed with error code 1: PHP 5 is not installed"

Is there something more I should do after adding that registry entry - or is there a windows script/tool that I can run to see if that is set correctly? I'd love to know what/where the Plesk desktop is looking to determine if there's a PHP version available, and why it cannot see the PHP 5.3.15 that it actually installed itself (and upgraded)

could it be a permissions issue on the php.ini file?

Try removing php from plesk and readding. For that got o tools and settings >> upgrades and updates >> hosting features >> remove and install php That will recreate all the php entries on server.

Back