• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot delete site: postgresql role "username" cannot be dropped

J

JesK

Hi everyone,

I have tried to delete a site ever since 9.2.3, but cannot do so. I am getting this error when I try:

Error: ERROR: role "vaco" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it DETAIL: 312 objects in database vaco

The site has been deleted from /var/www/vhosts - so it is not live, and hence, I cannot log in to the site to delete the postgresql database. Tt irritates me that I cannot get rid of the subscription.

Anyone have a solution to how to get rid of this database?

I tried: /usr/local/psa/bin/database -r vaco
but this command yields same error.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply - but how do I get in to the postgres database to do this?

/Jes

Igor - I do know how to log in to postgres - what I don't know is which user I need to log in with to do what you suggest.

Second of all, I don't know which database Plesk use to store these information.

And third, I have no clue as to what password that user has - is it some random hash that Plesk stores somewhere, or could it be something I defined?

I did try to su to the posgres user, then run psql postgres - was asked a password, and entered the control panel admin password. No go.

Igor - I do know how to log in to postgres - what I don't know is which user I need to log in with to do what you suggest.

Second of all, I don't know which database Plesk use to store these information.

And third, I have no clue as to what password that user has - is it some random hash that Plesk stores somewhere, or could it be something I defined?

I did try to su to the posgres user, then run psql postgres - was asked a password, and entered the control panel admin password. No go.

Sorry, I figured it out.

su admin
psql template1
Password: (Enter control panel password)

template1=# drop database vaco;
template1=# drop user vaco;
\q

This did the trick - after this I was able to delete the site/subscription.

Thanks for the pointer. :)

/Jes

Back