• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot find email account password change

musictus

Basic Pleskian
After migration to Plesk 10 (which was very complicated to understand for the new model) email accounts under one domain are listed in the control panel only as email accounts and not as users accounts.

In the email account folder, there is no field to change the password. Where can users change their password?

You can change mailbox password via horde webmail, for example.
Or with /usr/local/psa/bin/mail CLI utility with --update -passwd options.

My question is where the domain manager can do it. If he doesn't have ssh access, or doesn't know the previous email password, he cannot login do Horde.
Moreover, why in the CP is no longer possible to change the password?

User mail password change.

Yes good point, how can they change their password, they dont have the option in their login area and I use Atmail and there is not an option in there either. Can you give a solution please.

Thanks.

Was just alerted to this by one of my users. Are the developers playing a joke or should I take my 6 year loyalty elsewhere?

Yes, it is known problem and it will be fixed. But I do not understand why you can't reset password with mentioned CLI utility? Administrator of Plesk server hasn't ssh access???

Yes, the CLI does work. For those of you playing at home you can copy and paste the following to make it simple:

/usr/local/psa/bin/mail -u [email protected] -passwd newpassword

This must be run by root which means that you will need to reset passwords on your client's behalf for the time being (I feel your pain) and I hope that this will be fixed up soon as this feature is an extremely basic feature available under every single web hosting control panel. Most of us pay a monthly fee for this and expect/trust that new versions will at least provide the same basic level of functionality as past versions.

Igor, are you able to provide us with an ETA?

By design in Parallels Plesk Panel 10 the mail boxes are assigned to user accounts, so the passwords are tied to users' settings that are managed from the Users tab. Mailbox passwords are not to be changed separately.
In the special tab, passwords can only be changed for those mail boxes that are not assigned to any users.

By design in Parallels Plesk Panel 10 the mail boxes are assigned to user accounts, so the passwords are tied to users' settings that are managed from the Users tab. Mailbox passwords are not to be changed separately.
In the special tab, passwords can only be changed for those mail boxes that are not assigned to any users.

I understand that this is how it works when you create a new mail account on Plesk 10. But is the change password issue of existing mail account fixed in 10.2.0?

Thank you.

Back