• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Cannot login

Ryan_Harris

New Pleskian
I downloaded and burned the Ubuntu ISO from the parallels website. Booted from the CD, installation failed. It didn't seem to like that I didn't have a hostname specified. Fixed that, still wouldn't work. I then used the autoinstall script which finally seemed to work after I had to select every package to install. At first I tried to not install mailman, that apparently was a bad idea. Anyways, it seems to be installed however I still received an error that I cannot seem to locate in the log. Supposedly a package wasn't installed correctly.

My problem now is that I can get to the Plesk login screen, but I do not know the admin password. Using the --show-password gives me six character string with 3 diamonds in it. What do I do now? This appears to be encoded or encrypted???

Ubuntu 14.04
Plesk 12

Set up new admin password with

# /usr/local/psa/bin/init_conf --set-admin-password -passwd new_password

Back