• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Cannot login

Ryan_Harris

New Pleskian
I downloaded and burned the Ubuntu ISO from the parallels website. Booted from the CD, installation failed. It didn't seem to like that I didn't have a hostname specified. Fixed that, still wouldn't work. I then used the autoinstall script which finally seemed to work after I had to select every package to install. At first I tried to not install mailman, that apparently was a bad idea. Anyways, it seems to be installed however I still received an error that I cannot seem to locate in the log. Supposedly a package wasn't installed correctly.

My problem now is that I can get to the Plesk login screen, but I do not know the admin password. Using the --show-password gives me six character string with 3 diamonds in it. What do I do now? This appears to be encoded or encrypted???

Ubuntu 14.04
Plesk 12

Set up new admin password with

# /usr/local/psa/bin/init_conf --set-admin-password -passwd new_password

Back