• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

cannot set smartermail as default mailserver

nitaish

New Pleskian
I installed Plesk 10.4.4 on a new Windows 2008 R2 standard edition server which enabled Mailenable as the default mailserver. I, then installed Smartermail lite edition in the server. Though I can see Smartermail listed under Server Components, I am not able to set Smartermail as the default mailserver. I tried to downgrade Smartermail to a lower version. The version installed now is 8.1.x. Still the problem persists. I am getting the following error

Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Loaded Postoffice Configuration Provider (MEAIPO.DLL)
Unable to assign port to IP address.
Reason:
Unknown IP Address: 169.254.16.152

Please help as I am not able to use the server for production.

I am having the same exact Issue. Windows 2008 R2, just downloaded SmarterMail Lite and am trying to set it as default.

Unable to assign port to IP address.
Seems port is already used by another mailserver and can't be assigned to IP for Smartermail.

Thanks for the reply igor. My server is freshly loaded and the only applicationl loaded are the pre-reqs for Plesk and Plesk 10.4. No third party software has been installed. Could your program be using that port somewhere? If so, how do i disable?

Thanks,

Dear Igor,
I got same error at Plesk 9x win2008 x64 R2
SmarterMail 8x or 9x.
Would you be so kind to describe, how to resolve the problem?

hi,
have you guys tried to check your current conenctions listening/established via start/run "cmd /K netstat -anb"?
it should show you which application is listening on which port...
then you could try to disable the running service via IIS manager or taskkill etc...
also disable mailenable or any other mailservice you don't want to run in the applicationpool in IIS.

don't know if these hints will help you, but give it a try I suggest! :)

regards

Dear WSecure,
For sure we tried this. Port 9998 is free, mailenable is disabled, I tried several times with disabled and enabled mail cervices or stopped IIS bindings.

Seems problem is in Pleask. Can the log be more detailed - which port needed?
Seems 9998, but its free. I stopped all mailenable services in the system (if start - it works), so mailports are free too.
after every try to swithch to SM, pleask make mailenable services run and stops SM service. So, before every try - i stopped them again.
I feel - Plesk start services for migration issues, but then do not stop them before assigning ports.
I removed mailenable totally - switch fails with error - can not find COM socket....
Here is the only I see in log:
"
[08-May-2012 20:28:34] PleskUtilException: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\/admin/bin/defpackagemng" --set "--type=mailserver" "--default=smartermail" failed with message: Unable to assign port to IP address.
Reason:
Unknown IP Address: 169.254.98.229
file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3
line: 1116
code: 0
trace: #0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3(1051): util_exec('defpackagemng', Array, 'lst', 'C:\Program File...')
#1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\DefPackageMng.php(43): smart_exec('defpackagemng', Array, 'lst')
#2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\DefPackageMng.php(146): DefPackageMng->_call('set', Array)
#3 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\server\defaultcomponents.php(190): DefPackageMng->setDefPackage('mailserver', 'smartermail')
#4 {main}
"

hi,
I am sry, I cannot help you out there because I am also new to plesk and had very strange errors for myself and no one did reply here to my errors before, so it seems the parallels people have no clue about the errors and a solution themself.

good luck!

regards

Fixed

Hello,

I am sure this will fix your issue

Go to Regedit and go to below path

Local_Machhine >> Software >> Wow6432Node >> Plesk >> Psa config >> config >> and locate

MAIL_PROVIDERW_DLL . Here set this string

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\smartermailprovider.dll

Then go to

Local_Machhine >> Software >> Wow6432Node >> Plesk >> Psa config >> config >> Packages >> Mailserver and set Default to smartermail

Then go to Plesk admin panel >> Tools and settings <> server components >> refresh

issue fixed.

Let me know the results

Thanks
Yatin Thakur

Back