1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot update licence key - "Key update already in progress"

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by sabbacus, Apr 9, 2008.

1. sabbacus

sabbacus Guest

Hello.
    We cannot update our Plesk to use the new license key (from v. 0000 to 0001 i.e. the first license key update on this server).

If we try to update the license key using the license manager, we get the message
    "Key update already in progress"

If we try to upload the license key manually, the system freezes (i.e. the page fades and the splash screen appears, but it never goes away, not even after 45 minutes).

The licenses that we upload manually are unzipped into /opt/psa/tmp and named "keyXXXXXX and contains a shell script. Thereafter, we dont know what happens, all we know is that the license is not installed.

We have restarted the Plesk system (using /etc/init.d/psa restart command) without success.

Also, we have restarted the server. This without success as well.

When trying to connect to your key server using Telnet, we get
    --
    customer4:~# telnet 64.131.90.38 5224
    Trying 64.131.90.38...
    Connected to 64.131.90.38.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    --
    so we can connect to the server itself. The connection to the key server does not seem to be the issue.

Have anyone experienced this issue earlier and assist us on this matter?

Regards
    Magnus

2. dash

dash Regular Pleskian Staff Member

40%
    try to run the shell script from /opt/psa/tmp as root

3. KristianR

KristianR Basic Pleskian

40%
    potential fix

For anyone who has come across this problem, this is how I've fixed this:

proceed with caution!

download the appropriate key from https://ka.parallels.com:2000 and upload it to the affected container
    get a mysql prompt and delete key_history, and key_history_params from psa database
    run the license script obtained from ka.parallels.com
    restart the container

4. KristianR

KristianR Basic Pleskian

40%
    you may want to take a mysql dump of the psa database before deleting anything :)