• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot update licence key - "Key update already in progress"

S

sabbacus

Hello.
We cannot update our Plesk to use the new license key (from v. 0000 to 0001 i.e. the first license key update on this server).

If we try to update the license key using the license manager, we get the message
"Key update already in progress"

If we try to upload the license key manually, the system freezes (i.e. the page fades and the splash screen appears, but it never goes away, not even after 45 minutes).

The licenses that we upload manually are unzipped into /opt/psa/tmp and named "keyXXXXXX and contains a shell script. Thereafter, we dont know what happens, all we know is that the license is not installed.

We have restarted the Plesk system (using /etc/init.d/psa restart command) without success.

Also, we have restarted the server. This without success as well.

When trying to connect to your key server using Telnet, we get
--
customer4:~# telnet 64.131.90.38 5224
Trying 64.131.90.38...
Connected to 64.131.90.38.
Escape character is '^]'.
--
so we can connect to the server itself. The connection to the key server does not seem to be the issue.

Have anyone experienced this issue earlier and assist us on this matter?

Regards
Magnus

potential fix

For anyone who has come across this problem, this is how I've fixed this:

proceed with caution!

download the appropriate key from https://ka.parallels.com:2000 and upload it to the affected container
get a mysql prompt and delete key_history, and key_history_params from psa database
run the license script obtained from ka.parallels.com
restart the container

For anyone who has come across this problem, this is how I've fixed this:

proceed with caution!

download the appropriate key from https://ka.parallels.com:2000 and upload it to the affected container
get a mysql prompt and delete key_history, and key_history_params from psa database
run the license script obtained from ka.parallels.com
restart the container

you may want to take a mysql dump of the psa database before deleting anything :)

Back