• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Cannot update to 18.0.64

nimbar

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,

In my Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS, I cannot perform any update/add/delete components.

Error log reports:

2024-10-01 17:45:26 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json'] 2024-10-01 17:45:26 ERROR: E:The package alt-python311-setuptools-wheel needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it. 2024-10-01 17:45:26 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

Any advice?.

Thank you.

It looks like there's an issue with a corrupted or missing package (alt-python311-setuptools-wheel). You can try the following steps to fix it:

Code:
First, try to remove the package:
$ sudo dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq alt-python311-setuptools-wheel

After removing it, update your package list:
$ sudo apt update

Then, reinstall the package:
$ sudo apt install alt-python311-setuptools-wheel

If that doesn’t work, you might need to check your repository configuration to ensure the correct sources are available.

Hello,

the first and second commands worked, and helped me to update ubuntu. However the third command didn't work and I still cannot load the window "add/remove" components. I'm worried if the deletion of alt-python311-setuptools-wheel affects negatively to the server :S

I touch nothing. This problem suddenly happened.

Thank you for your help.

Back