• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't add new mail accounts.

G

Geoff Winans

This just broke for no rhyme or reason..

Here's what I get back every time I tried to create a new user or change a password:

Error: Unable to set password:
The password is incorrect, use at least 5 characters. The password should not contain mail account name as its part.
Only Latin characters, no dictionary words (optional).

Now, before you ask..

Yes, the password is > 5 characters.

The password is a mix of random, Latin characters and is not dictionary related.

I can not find any log that indicates an error, so it's impossible to troubleshoot. I've verified poppassd_psa is running, but i doubt that has anything to do with it.

Any thoughts? Anyone?

Hello Geoff,

There is a Knowledge Base article on the subject:

http://kb.odin.com/article_68_1211_en.html

Although it related to Plesk 8.x, you can try to apply it. Note that in Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2.1

Use of short (webmaster) and full ([email protected]) POP3/IMAP mail account names is allowed

option is located at Home > Settings > Server-wide mail preferences.

Regards,

Denis

This article is completely unrelated.

I do not, nor have I ever, used short logins.

I do have multiple emails on different domains with the same prefix (gw@). I can't "resolve" these, as doing so would negate the point of having them. It also doesn't explain why I can't create UNIQUE email addresses on any domain.

This came up, quite literally, out of the blue.

Addendum:

Just for the hell of it, I wasted my time and removed all duplicate accounts (all gw@ email addresses).

Guess what?

Error: Unable to set password:
The password is incorrect, use at least 5 characters. The password should not contain mail account name as its part.
Only Latin characters, no dictionary words (optional).

Password is 12 characters. There are now no email addresses on the server.

Back