• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

cant create email with . in name

W

WaDavid

I am not 100% sure whether this is a smartermail problem or a plesk for windows problem as we upgraded to the latest plesk for windows and smartermail recently.

Server is running Windows 2003 32bit
Smartermail 5.5.3
Plesk for Windows 8.6.0.1

When I try to create an account for example:
[email protected] it doesn't work

However this does work:
[email protected]

Before the upgrade we had plesk 8.2.1 and Smartermail 4.2 on and with that we could create these accounts, in fact after the upgrade these accounts still exist and work just fine...though I don't know whether plesk pickup usage stats for them.

Here is the exact error plesk shows when trying to add this account:
Error: Unable update mailbox: mailmng failed: Can't find mail name.
Domain: domain.com [domain.com].
Mail name: name.surname.
Reason:
Failed to get the user '[email protected]'

For obvious reasons I changed the details but it still gives the idea I believe.

I think you need to pay Parallels $75 to fix the bug... good luck.

You say that now, and it might be a tiny bit funny, however I am sure that we won't be the only client having this problem and that it will get fixed, question is just when.

It is the way the client wants it, otherwise I would be happy not to use it myself.

mail username with.

David, just for your information, I am running win2008 server with sql2008 and latest smartermail 5 and I am able to create email addresses within plesk in this format: [email protected] without any problems and it works just fine.

Did you run the latest plesk patches 6.03?

No idea why you can't

Back