• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cant create mailboxes or email addresses

Christopher-James

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.43
Hi, im having huge problems creating any mailboxes and email addresses.

I have all extensions IMAP/SMTP and webmail activated correctly

Im in Power User view mode.

If i go to Mail > Create Email Addresses the page redirects to Websites & Domains overview with a red warning that reads Error: Mail service unavailable on all domains.

Mail service is activated on all domains.

If i go to a specific domain i can create an email address, Mail > <domain name> > Mail > Email Addresses but its marked with Useage No Mailbox.

Really need a solution as to why i cant create any mailboxes

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 10.16.38.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 10.16.38.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 10.19.56.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 10.19.56.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 10.20.11.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 10.20.11.png
    25 KB · Views: 6
Hi,

The first screenshot shows "0 created / 0 allowed".

Can you switch to Service Provider view and check of the Service Plan that is assigned to this domain allows you to create mailboxes?

Hi,

The first screenshot shows "0 created / 0 allowed".

Can you switch to Service Provider view and check of the Service Plan that is assigned to this domain allows you to create mailboxes?

Hi

So, in the Service plan of the domain i cannot find any reference to creating mailboxes, i see this in red, Mailboxes 1 used of 0 in Account > Resources

In all the Service Plans, mail is listed as Unlimited

So further to this, the only way I have found to add mailboxes is with SSH

Code:
plesk bin subscription_settings --update domain.com -max_box 5

Can you not control this in the UI?

So further to this, the only way I have found to add mailboxes is with SSH

Code:
plesk bin subscription_settings --update domain.com -max_box 5

Can you not control this in the UI?

In the Service Plan -> Resources it should like this if you want max 5 mailboxes. But that only works if the subscription is unlocked, otherwise it can't be synced to the sercvice plan.

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 13.10.40.png

In the Service Plan -> Resources it should like this if you want max 5 mailboxes. But that only works if the subscription is unlocked, otherwise it can't be synced to the sercvice plan.

View attachment 20776
Hi

Ok, i think you have got me to the answer!

For some reason I dont have any reference to lock/unlock subscriptions as per the link https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...locked-subscriptions-with-their-service-plans so I used command route, turns out all my subscriptions were locked so i unlocked them all and synced and now I have unlimited mailbox creation!

Thanks so much for your help @maartenv

Back