• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't delete Backup

andreios

Regular Pleskian
There is one backup I can't delete. It is not visible under Tools & Settings - > Backups. or anywhere else. Also it doesn't show up with:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras --get-dump-list | grep .xml:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220220_093034.png
    Screenshot_20220220_093034.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 13
In case you cannot delete it through the GUI, try to descend into <dumps directory>/clients and remove the <client username> directory. Example:

1) Finde the location of your dumps directory in /etc/psa/psa.conf. It is defined in the DUMP_D variable. Say this is "/home/dumps" for this example.
2) Descend into /home/dumps/clients (# cd /home/dumps/clients)
3) Remove the customer subscription username directory. For example if the customer's username is "customeruser" remove the customeruser directory. Example: # rm -R -f ./customeruser

This will delete all local backups for that customer. The directory will automatically recreated upon the next backup.

in /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients there was a folder for this domain, but the backup entry is still visible in plesk.

By design it is impossible that Plesk displays a backup set that does not exist, because each time the backup page is opened, Plesk reads the backup sets from local and FTP sources. If this is a local backup and the local backup directory has been removed, it could not find the data, hence it cannot display the backup entry. I do not know why you are still seeing the backup entry when you have deleted the backup structure. You'll need to thoroughly check where the information is coming from. A plugin maybe? Or maybe it is a browser cache issue?

I can't find a backup anymore for this domain in /var/lib/psa/dumps/*. Don't know where this comes from. But as you can see in the screenshot it says it has a size of 0.

Browser Cache cleared, still there. It not only says the size is there it says there are 0 Backups.

Back