• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue can't encrypt vpsXXXXX.ovh.net with Let's Encrypt

tomer628

Basic Pleskian
HI.

i did upgrade to Plesk Onyx ,then i installed Let's Encrypt
But when i tried to secure (Encrypt ) or repalce the vpsXXXXX.ovh.net , i got this error :
how can i fix that ?
Code:
 ERR [extension/letsencrypt] Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/cli.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
Saving debug log to /opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/logs/letsencrypt.log
Obtaining a new certificate
Performing the following challenges:
http-01 challenge for vpsXXXXX.ovh.net
Waiting for verification...
Cleaning up challenges
Generating key (2048 bits): /opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/etc/keys/0005_key-certbot.pem
Creating CSR: /opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/etc/csr/0005_csr-certbot.pem
An unexpected error occurred:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for: ovh.net
Please see the logfiles in /opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/logs for more details.
Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/cli.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
Saving debug log to /opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/logs/letsencrypt.log
Obtaining a new certificate
Performing the following challenges:
http-01 challenge for vpsXXXXX.ovh.net
Waiting for verification...
Cleaning up challenges
Generating key (2048 bits): /opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/etc/keys/0005_key-certbot.pem
Creating CSR: /opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/etc/csr/0005_csr-certbot.pem
An unexpected error occurred:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for: ovh.net
Please see the logfiles in /opt/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/logs for more details.

exit status 1

regards,
Tomer.

Hi Tomer,

you have to use your own domain (mydomain.xxx) because there only can be few certificates of one domain (ovh.net).

I think its 100.

But if there are more than 100 Customers at OVH. so you better use your own domain for letsencrypt.

Greets LaForge

Hi tomer628,

even that LaForge112, is completely correct with his statements, I would like to point out some more informations:

As mentioned before, there are limits for Let's Encrypt certificates and domains like "ovh.net" ( and the corresponding subdomains for each OVH - customer ) are defined as a "technical name", which makes it impossible to whitelist these domains at "publicsuffix.org" to bypass the rate-limits.

The solution here is to change your hostname on your server and reverse the ( rented from OVH ) IP(s) to a FQDN ( Fully Qualified Domain Name ). Pls. contact your provider, if you are unsure about the "How-to-do-that" and possible OVH - documentations ( help.ovh.com ) are unsufficient for you, to achieve your goal. ;)

Back