• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't restore converted Plesk 8.1 Backup to Plesk 9.3

J

japanitrat

Hi,

I just reinstalled my server and tried to restore a previously made server-wide Plesk8 backup in Plesk9. I did as told in the migration guide: created a backup in Plesk8 with the "pleskbackup all <file>", converted it with "pre9-backup-convert convert -d /var/lib/psa/dumps <file>" and tried to restore it with "pleskrestore --restore /var/lib/psa/dumps/<backup>.xml -level server"

Unfortunately, pleskrestore responds with:
Backup file has wrong format
Dump has critical errors.

So I tried it with --check-backup command which also says "Backup file has wrong format". On the other hand, when I use pleskrestore with the -i option, it seems to understand at least the backup-structure. Output:

/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore -i /var/lib/psa/dumps/converted_info_1006160837.xml
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Backup information
Dump version: 9.0
File: /var/lib/psa/dumps/converted_info_1006160837.xml
Type: Server
Comment:
Date: 1006160837
Size: 7.69 G
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Client] xxx
[Domain] xxx
[Domain] xxx

How can I fix this ASAP?

Last edited by a moderator:
As mentioned in http://kb.odin.com/en/6080, I ran "xmllint --noout -schema /usr/local/psa/PMM/plesk.xsd /var/lib/psa/dumps/converted_info_1006161142.xml".

Output was:
/var/lib/psa/dumps/converted_info_1006161142.xml:681: element pinfo: Schemas validity error : Element 'pinfo', attribute 'name': [facet 'enumeration'] The value 'info_not_required' is not an element of the set {'company', 'phone', 'fax', 'address', 'city', 'state', 'zip', 'country', 'locale', 'email', 'name'}.
/var/lib/psa/dumps/converted_info_1006161142.xml:681: element pinfo: Schemas validity error : Element 'pinfo', attribute 'name': 'info_not_required' is not a valid value of the local atomic type.
/var/lib/psa/dumps/converted_info_1006161142.xml fails to validate
I removed the element and it the backup now shows up as valid. I tried to restore it, but it seems that the "suspend" option does not work, so the domains become accessible when I am restoring the backup .. furthermore (maybe for this reason), my databases are not restored at all!

So, up to this point I got everything running, except the databases. No errors are thrown, what could it be?

Last edited by a moderator:
i had the same problem i removed the element and now its showing this :(
wpc4817:/opt/psa/bin# xmllint --noout -schema /usr/local/psa/PMM/plesk.xsd /var/lib/psa/dumps/converted_info_1008150745.xml
/var/lib/psa/dumps/converted_info_1008150745.xml validates
wpc4817:/opt/psa/bin# ./pleskrestore --restore /var/lib/psa/dumps/converted_info_1008150745.xml -level server -license -verbose
Backup file has wrong format
Dump has critical errors.

wpc4817:/opt/psa/bin#

dont know what to do

Last edited:
Back