• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cant send email

I have created an email account, though Plesk. I login through webmail.mydomain.tld, with roundcube. This email account recieves normally all emails, but when I'm trying to send an email from roundcube, to my hotmail, then when I press button "Send" everything seems normal. I get no error at all, I can find the email I have sent in roundcube's sent folder, but when I login to hotmal, I can not find the test email I have sent.

Why?

Hi Charalampidis_Alexandros,

please investigate your acces- and error-logs ( roundcube ) and depending mail logs if you would like decent suggestions for possible issues. We could only guess what might not work as expected and such a guess might not really help you. Have a look into your hotmail - spam - folder as well, to make sure, that your eMail wasn't moved there for some reason ( you could investigate the eMail header if this is the case ).

I have not understand what should I investigate. Which exact files, should I check?

Moreover, the email is not in the spam folder. I have checked it many times, before posting here.

please visit the above link and have a look to the different log - files on your server. You will find the path to the roundcube - log, as well the paths to mail - logs. Open these logs and watch out for your depending entries of the eMail you were sending. If you need help with the investigation, you have to provide these informations.

You could as well try to eMail a test-eMail to another provider, in order to compair the situation ( Google and Yahoo for example will put quite decent informations into the header section of the eMail, so investigations are done pretty quick ).

psa-horde.log -> Empty
/var/log/mailman/* -> any file there
/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog -> seems to be shortcut / cant be opened

Bynkk4x.png

After trying to restart mailman, I get that error
EbLehzj.png

From hostname:8447 "Mailman mailing list manager support" seems to be installed, I used the isos that parallels provide, with centos 6.6 and plesk pre-installed However it seems that, mailman is not installed in my server.
1wVcJea.png

Last edited:
I login through webmail.mydomain.tld, with roundcube. This email account recieves normally all emails, but when I'm trying to send an email from roundcube, to my hotmail, ...

please overthink your investigations. You stated using ROUNDCUBE, so I wonder, why you would like to have a look at the HORDE - log?
And what has MAILMAN got to do with the ROUNDCUBE issue? The mailman extension is a MAILING LIST and has got nothing to do with MAIL - logs.

Please try to solve ONE issue after the other, to avoid more failures/issues/problems... so please leave out a non functional MAILMAN LIST for the moment. ;)

As you already investigated, the link "/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog" is a SYMLINK, which directs to "/var/log/maillog" - your main mail - log. There are as well more MAIL - logs as well in the folder "/var/log/" and you will find as well the folder for ROUNDCUBE there ( /var/log/plesk-roundcube ).

Should I upload all /var/log/mailog file?

There is also a file called mailog.pocessed which also contains data.

In /var/log/plesk-roundcube are 2 files "errors" and "sendmail"

Which files do you want to upload/post here in forum?

Last edited:
For example you can see, that every email I sent, in mailog, the line finishes with Connection Timed Out. Basically, every line at mailog finishes with connection timed out

Jan 4 13:34:12 server3 postfix/smtp[3420]: 849A91E0725: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<root>, relay=none, delay=165577, delays=165427/0.03/150/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to mx1.hotmail.com[65.54.188.110]:25: Connection timed out)

With smtp:mydomain.gr
I get that error:

Warning - Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner

As i told i can recieve emails but not send!
Another test today. Copy from mailog

Jan 5 09:46:25 server3 postfix/smtp[23500]: connect to mx1.hotmail.com[65.55.33.135]:25: Connection timed out

Last edited:

please click on the "! More Info" links at your results from mxtoolbox.com to get some details, how to resolve your issues.

Hint:
The result of "hostname -f" over the command line on your server should always have an existing rDNS - entry on your nameserver and should meet your settings in your "/etc/hosts" - file.

Example hosts - file:
Code:
127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain    localhost
999.999.999.999    server1.example.com    server1
Please don't use "999...." but your very own IP and domain - name from the "hostname -f" outpuit.

With hostname -f i get server3.mydomain.tld (I have made dns records in plesk server3.mydomain.tld A myip) (but inside the plesk)

My hosts file is:

MYIPHERE server3.mydomain.tld server3
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

... but you missed the A record at the nameserver from your provider - the rDNS entry points to "mydomain.tld" and the SMTP reply is "server3.mydomain.tld". Be aware that some records need to be made on the nameserver where you rented the IP(s) from.

Your correct TXT - entry "v=spf1 +a +mx -all +a:server3.mydomain.tld" points to an A entry, which doesn't exist at the moment and this is the cause why other mail - servers can't verify your settings. Consider as well using the string "?all" instead of "-all", because this will result in a HARD FAIL if any of your settings fail. "?all" instead will reply with a soft fail and corresponding mail server accept soft fails, but no hard fails.

as I can see, you changed the SPF - record and have an A entry now for the hostname. Please wait a little while, before you now try to test again and as I can see, there are still 5 warnings when investigating your domain with mxtoolbox.com - consider solving these issues as well, even if the mailing should work now.

Depending on the DNS - servers update worldwide, it still could take up to 48 hours untill they are all synched.

The SMTP test now results in a success.

Back