• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't send or receive emails through IMAP and SMTP to my email client (Webmail is working)

pruuzzz

New Pleskian
I have two servers hosted on OVH. one plesk web admin and other one is web pro. Both servers webmails are working fine. But I can't connect any working email with an email client. Everything from my end is set. SSL certificates are installed on every single domain. I contacted OVH and told them to open SMTP and IMAP ports if they are blocked. But their response was like bleow.. :(

Screenshot_1.jpg

Very often, antivirus programs like "Kaspersky Internet Security" are blocking access to outgoing mail ports by default. You need to create an exception for the specific server that you want to access through ports 25, 465 or 587 with them. Some routers do the same. For some while, in Germany for example T-Online delivered routers to their customers that blocked outgoing mail ports by default. Have you checked that no antivirus software, neither your router is blocking ports 25, 465, 587 in your local network?

Also, have you checked that Fail2Ban on the Plesk server is not blocking your local DSL IP from connecting to the server?

Back