• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't send to Craig's List, some kind of rDNS problem..HELP PLEASE!

HMIBarryLSalter

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

To whomever tries to help me with this... THANK YOU, I do appreciate your time with this.

I'm having trouble sending email to CraigsList.com email address like this one: [email protected]
That example is an email address from a page I just put up yesterday.

From my domain (HostingMaster.net) on my server, I get a returned email from their server with a link to this page: http://bind8nt.meiway.com/itsaDNSmess.cfm

From a yahoo.com address, the email goes through just fine.

I'm running:
Plesk Version 8.0.1
FreeBSD: 6.0

Couple things I know:
I know my main IP 65.39.70.132 and I know that email leaving the server leaves on that IP

I know that the name of my server is Hosting2.HostingMaster.net and is setup on that IP

I've tried adding the doamin hosting2.hostingmaster.net (with the main IP) to the server and it tells me that the IP is already being used and will not setup the domain. However, if I add other domains and set them to that IP, they will go.

I also know that every domain on my server has a PTR.

Outside of that, I'm lost and I do not understand the documentation on the link I listed above.

Oh one more thing, I have a free AOL email address account for testing and I get through to it just fine.

Thank you for helping!!!!

Back