• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't update plesk

Nehodev

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 8.11
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.26
I am working with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.26 , os Debian 8.11. I got a new Update and whenever I try to run update I get this error
There are no products for your operating system
( 'Debian' 'Linux' '8.11' 'x86_64' ) available
from the selected source.
what should I do

thank you for your reply, I am not an expert on this domain I want to know migrate where? I don't understand
also, if I perform either of them will there be a risk of losing my files?

[...] I am not an expert on this domain I want to know migrate where? I don't understand
Migrating in this case means: setup a new server with a supported OS (for example Debian 11) install Plesk on your new server and use the Plesk migrator tool to migrate your data from you old server to the new server.

also, if I perform either of them will there be a risk of losing my files?
Although both opties are pretty safe, when performed incorrectly you could always lose you data. Thats why is always recommended to make backups.

Since you mentioned you no expert in this field I want to point out that Plesk offers migration assistance (not a free service). You can request a quote here.

Ok thanks a lot, one other thing we are using Plesk through OVH VPS so does this mean that we need to upgrade the VPS ?

Ok thanks a lot, one other thing we are using Plesk through OVH VPS so does this mean that we need to upgrade the VPS ?
Upgrading a VPS (usually) means adding additional resources (disk space, memory, CPU cores, ect). That's often not necessary when performing a dist-update of the OS or when migrating. It's case dependent, if your server is low on resources or uses the bare minimum it might be wise to upgrade.

thank you for all of your clarifications, so the new server that I need to migrate to is it in the same VPS or I should have an other VPS

Back