• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't update to plesk 9.5.1

Is there any real solution to the problem yet? Or how long do we have to wait for 9.5.3 to be released?

I have been trying to upgrade from 9.3 to 9.5.1 and now 9.5.2 and I keep getting the same error as above. License key is valid. Server is Fedora C5.

As long as your license is valid run the updater through shell and force the update (it will warn about upgrading without a new key), just accept and complete upgrade.

Then after log in and use the license page in the GUI and retrieve an updated key.

We have corresponding request to developers already and they are working on it now.
As possible workaround you can complete upgrade and update license later via Plesk interface in License Manager.

Update from Debian 5.0 32-bit Plesk 9.3.0 to Plesk 9.5.1 fails for me, too.

I do not understand what you mean by "complete upgrade and update license later ...." If update fails due to license key, how does one complete the upgrade?

It appears that this problem has been ongoing since 2010-04-15. That is 32 days and counting. When do the developers expect that it will be fixed in 9.5.3?

Update from 9.3 to 9.5.1 fails

Hello,

after we tryed to get rid of the empty e-mails being sent every few minutes by upgrading to 9.5.x, the update process killed our valid license.

Now when entering the PLESK Panel we receive a message that our Key changed to PLSK.00000000.0000 and it`s invalid and the account is suspended.

Our hoster SERVER4YOU in Germany didn`t care much about our problem.
Now we dont`t know how to reactivate the Panel....and how do we install our former license and where do we get it from?

Our hoster wanted us to reinstall everything again. meaning the OS system, plesk, just everything. We dont have time to do this and we really hope there is a better solution than this?

Please let us know what you need from us in order to have this solved quickly.

Thank You in advance.

Christian

Fails again on the latest 9.5.2 aswell for me. grr.
Ill take a look at the workaround that igor posted.

The point is, that Igors suggestion fails due to a missing license.
We can't complete the update because the license was destroyed by the update process of 9.3

So now we have a locked Plesk and we definetly are not going to reinstall everything, ....this ages weeks until everything is up and running.

We have a some journalists at some tech magazines waiting.....they would love to write an article about that...

...maybe that is speeding up things.,....

Hi,

no we didn`t manage it. We even made a step backwards and went back to 9.2 by full backup, because we had too many issues and bugs showing up !

PLESK seems to ignore this problem in a very professional way !

If we don`t find a solution soon we will change the product and recommend this step to our audience as well.

Seems like you're right. It might be a better idea to switch. Especially with such good offer from CP these days. We have 11 servers and this will be a lot of work but at the end of the day it might be worth it.

still waiting

Hi!

Still waiting here aswell! Come on parrallels developers you guys used to listen to the masses , dont leave us a limbo now!

yup

weelk you are right we might have to switch aswell , i dont want to , but sometimes we have no choice:( btw im glad the moderation on the forums has been lifted! thanks for that parrallels team!

same here

Also over here still no success. We'll stick with 9.3 for the time being.

Also in K.A. upgrading a key to 9.5 fails.

It's strange that Parallels cannot fix such a problem in 2 months of time.

Any updates?

I was wondering if anything changed in this matter yet? Are there any more people with the same problem?
When Parallels planning to release the 9.5.3 version of Plesk, that suppose to fix this issue?

Tried it again after nearly 3 month - same problem..

Will there be a solution for this?

------------------
File downloading PSA_9.5.1/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: 100% was finished.
Ask KA server for key update: product=PleskLogin current key number=PLSK009043260007 to version=9.5.1
Warning: your license key for the base component cannot be upgraded.
Response from the licensing server: Automatic upgrade for this license is not possible. Please contact your reseller.
Error: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

Back