• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

case sensitivity bug in plesk postfix / mailman

ehasbrouck

New Pleskian
Each time postix is updated (including automatic updates as part of plesk) it breaks mailman as installed and configured by plesk.

The problem and workaround are described here:

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?263911-case-sensitivity-bug-in-plesk-postfix-mailman

The symptom of the problem (after a postfix upgrade) is thuis response to any message sent to a mailman list:

> <[email protected]>: Command died with status 1:
> "/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/postfix-mailman". Command output: post script, list not
> found: Listname

The workaround is to manually edit /etc/postix/master.cf after every update of postfix, to change the line

mailman unix - n n - - pipe flags=R user=li...

to

mailman unix - n n - - pipe flags=Ru user=li..

Plesk fix the bug in plesk that changes the "Ru" flag" to "R" with each postfix update.

Thank you for notification. We have already submitted bugreport regarding this problem (#113591 for your reference). I have updated this bugreport with your case.
You can monitor the status of this issue with your Sales Representative or Account Manager, in our knowledge base, or you can subscribe yourself to receive the news about Plesk from any channel in my signature - RSS, Twitter or FaceBook.

Thank you for adding my report to the bug report. You say, "You can monitor the status of this issue ... in our knowledge base." What is the URL for this bug report? I can't find it.

Bugreport is internal information. In KB article about new version of microupdate (MU) we write ID of fixed bugreport. When you see something like (113591) there - it means that this bug fixed.

Dear all,

this bug: 113591

still seems to be un-fixed. I Have all updates installed and still everytime postfix-config is rebuilt (= Plesk is updated) half of my lists stop working.

This problem has been around for years (this is a report from Plesk 9):
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?101961-Plesk-9-5-2-and-Mailman

and is still not permanently fixed.

Could you please just update the postifx-config-templates in plesk so to reflect this "-Ru"?!?!

Thanks.

Dear all,

Bug 113591 appeared AGAIN after tonight's update to 11.0.9 #56:

Can you please finally fix this?
It should be really not so hard to fix: just correct the templates from which the master.cf is created.

Can you please fix problems that are years old and break your product?!?!

Thanks.

Have you tried reproduce this issue on latest Plesk 11.5.30 version?

I just updated to 11.5.30 and thus can not say if the problem is solved yet.
11.0 -> 11.5 worked fine, but so did some other updates before...

I will keep an eye on this at the next updates.

---EDIT----

I need to correct myself: it's NOT ok. I didn't check properly.
I performed the update from 11.0.9 #56 to 11.5.30 #12 and ended up with [/etc/postfix/master.cf]:

Code:
mailman unix - n n - - pipe flags=[B][SIZE=6]R[/SIZE][/B] user=mailman:mailman argv=/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/postfix-mailman ${nexthop} ${user} ${recipient}
again!

This is wrong: It will not allow for mails incoming into mailman with uppercase list adresses to flow through.
The correct setting needs to be Ru
Please correct this from setting itself back to a wrong default on every 2nd or so update.

Last edited:
Back