• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CBM - can't change admin password: "Failed to find XML nodes by XPath..."

L

luciddrew

[server info]
This Install has not been upgraded and was a clean 10.3 install.
Panel version 10.3.1
Application version 10.3.0-1 (+1 micro update)
Server information Linux 2.6.18-028stab095.1 x86_64 sw-cp-server/1.0.0
PHP information Version 5.3.8 (128M)
Database information MySQL: 5.1.54
cURL information Version OpenSSL/0.9.8b 7.15.5

I am getting an error when I try to change the admin password in Business Manager. It also errors when trying to manually resetting the admin password via ssh.

The following error occurred in panel 'Local Parallels Plesk Panel server (myserverdoamin.com)': Failed to find XML nodes by XPath 'get_protos/result' relative of 'head'
I arrived at this problem after changing the password for the Plesk admin account and then trying to match that password in CBM.

I am attempting to run three shell commands that are referenced here: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=429390#post429390

Here are the commands applicable to my install:
/usr/share/plesk-billing/sso --command=disable --app-type=admin

/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/share/plesk-billing/update-admin --password NEWPASSWORD (this one gets the error)

/usr/share/plesk-billing/sso --command=enable --app-type=admin

How do I fix this "Failed to find XML nodes by XPath..." error and finally restore SSO?

Difference in errors

Searching the forum I have found others having similar problems to the one i'm having. Although there is a minor difference between the errors.

MY ERROR:
Failed to find XML nodes by XPath 'get_protos/result' relative of 'head'

ERROR from AlvaroG
Failed to find XML nodes by XPath 'get_protos/result' relative of 'server'

Is the error with "server" at the end is related to licensing/upgrading issues?

And is the error with "head" at the end is related to something else?
Another example: of the "head" from rtwheelock's post 5 days ago

Is there any way I can check the "mapping" of the XPath 'get_protos/result' to see if there is a file there?

Will I have any security issues with this problem?

Am I asking the wrong questions???

Bump

Sry for the bump but this is unresolved. Going on 6 days now...

I am still unable to login to Business Manager because I am unable to change the password.

Media Temple(provider) is unwilling to assist in this because they tell me they won't support the Customer Business Manager.

Andrew,

Please note the Plesk Billing Manager is outside of (mt) Media Temple's scope of support, but as a courtesy I have tried to assist. There was a sync issue with the Plesk admin password, which appears to have knocked out the billing manager. I reset the Plesk admin password, which properly synchronized it for both the Plesk panel and the Plesk Billing Manager. Try again to reset the Plesk admin password in the AccountCenter, and then log back into the Plesk Billing Manager. If the change fails to automatically synchronize with the Plesk Billing Manager, I found the following manual sync SSH commands at http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=105780

/usr/share/plesk-billing/sso --command=disable --app-type=admin
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/share/plesk-billing/update-admin --password NEWPASSWORD
/usr/share/plesk-billing/sso --command=enable --app-type=admin

If you have any further questions regarding your (mt) Media Temple services, please feel free to contact us at any time.

That is all I got from MT. I've replied a couple of times and it's been silent...

There was a sync issue with the Plesk admin password, which appears to have knocked out the billing manager.

My billing manager got knocked out? What does that mean?

_

Thank you!

I followed the link and will be trying that as soon as possible and post the results.

Thank you so much for noticing this old post!

Back