1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

CBM - can't change admin password: "Failed to find XML nodes by XPath..."

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by luciddrew, Mar 19, 2012.

1. luciddrew

luciddrew Guest

[server info]
    This Install has not been upgraded and was a clean 10.3 install.
    Panel version 10.3.1
    Application version 10.3.0-1 (+1 micro update)
    Server information Linux 2.6.18-028stab095.1 x86_64 sw-cp-server/1.0.0
    PHP information Version 5.3.8 (128M)
    Database information MySQL: 5.1.54
    cURL information Version OpenSSL/0.9.8b 7.15.5

I am getting an error when I try to change the admin password in Business Manager. It also errors when trying to manually resetting the admin password via ssh.

I arrived at this problem after changing the password for the Plesk admin account and then trying to match that password in CBM.

I am attempting to run three shell commands that are referenced here: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=429390#post429390

Here are the commands applicable to my install:

How do I fix this "Failed to find XML nodes by XPath..." error and finally restore SSO?

2. luciddrew

luciddrew Guest

Difference in errors

Searching the forum I have found others having similar problems to the one i'm having. Although there is a minor difference between the errors.

Is the error with "server" at the end is related to licensing/upgrading issues?

And is the error with "head" at the end is related to something else?
    Another example: of the "head" from rtwheelock's post 5 days ago

Is there any way I can check the "mapping" of the XPath 'get_protos/result' to see if there is a file there?

Will I have any security issues with this problem?

Am I asking the wrong questions???

3. luciddrew

luciddrew Guest

Bump

Sry for the bump but this is unresolved. Going on 6 days now...

I am still unable to login to Business Manager because I am unable to change the password.

Media Temple(provider) is unwilling to assist in this because they tell me they won't support the Customer Business Manager.

That is all I got from MT. I've replied a couple of times and it's been silent...

My billing manager got knocked out? What does that mean?

_

4. greatwitenorth

greatwitenorth Guest

5. luciddrew

luciddrew Guest

Thank you!

I followed the link and will be trying that as soon as possible and post the results.

Thank you so much for noticing this old post!