• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CDONTS.DLL - not working !!??

E

emsol

Installed the cdonts.dll - registered it and ran a few tests - I keep getting 500 errors.

Checking the logs comes up with permission denied errors.

I've set the dll to EVERYONE read / execute. Is there something else I need to do ? Never had this problem with other windows control panels before.

To use CDONTs, you will have to give the IUSR_ user full permissions to c:\inetpub\mailroot

Once CDONTS is installed good idea to reboot and to maybe restart the SMTP service.

Originally posted by PaulC
To use CDONTs, you will have to give the IUSR_ user full permissions to c:\inetpub\mailroot

Firstly, thank you for your help.

I know that CDONTS has been replaced by CDOSYS but there are still a great number of people who wish to use this DLL. Is there a way of adding all the IUSER_users automatically to a group so we dont have to manually set permissions every time ? I think alot of people will find this a big inconvenience.

Actually, It would be very helpful to have all these users in a group for access to a great number of things.

Added the permissions - restarted server,

still get the following...

GET /test2.asp |15|800a0046|Permission_denied 500 0 1539 377 15

Can anyone provide any more general advice before I Iog a support ticket ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do I need to do anything with the app pool maybe ?

Just to confirm exactly what I've done..

1. Installed the cdonts.dll into the system32 directory
2. registered the dll
3. set permissions on the file to everyone read / execute
4. Set permissions on the inetpub/mailroot folder to full control for all plesk IUSER accounts (would be nice to have an ALL IUSERS group generated and maintained by plesk)
5. Ran a test script from a domain.

The result is a 500 error - log says permission denied.

The test script I'm using is as follows...

<%@ language= "VBscript" %>
<% Option Explicit
'declare your variables
Dim NewMail, Body
'create an instance of the NewMail Object
Set NewMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

NewMail.To= "[email protected]" ' the email address it will be sent to
NewMail.From= "[email protected]" ' the email address it was sent from
Body= "Hi there, just testing codefixer's email tutorial out!"
NewMail.Subject = "Hello"
NewMail.Body = Body
NewMail.Bodyformat=0
NewMail.Mailformat=0
NewMail.Send

Set NewMail=Nothing
%>

If you would like to send it as plain text rather than HTML just remove the 2 lines
NewMail.Bodyformat=0
NewMail.Mailformat=0

yes,

Still same problem :(

Both the Inetpub and the the mailroot folder are showing as read only on the properties > general tab - changing this doesnt do anything and next time I look, the folder is read only again.

Getting desperate to find a fix - SW-Soft say this would be chargeable support at $200 per hour or whatever - I dont see why !!

Has anoyone else managed to get the CDONTS DLL working with plesk 7 win ?

CDONTS is not supported under IIS 6 with Work Process Isolation doesn't work. Or if it does I have yet to find it.

The problem is the permissions for each user have to be added to all the specified folders, etc... I haven't found a viable solution yet under Plesk 7.

ok, thanks for your help.

We lost the customer who needed cdonts :(

Will have to make sure we dont advertise that its supported - with so many other ways to send mail aspemail - aspmail - jmail etc - shouldnt be a big deal.

Can someone upload that file and post link? CDONTS.DLL that works on W2k3?(Windows Server 2003)

Thanks.
Tamir:rolleyes:

Search googl cdonts.zip

extract to c:\windows\system32\

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\cdonts.dll

Go to IIS

Right Click SMTP Service

Go to Properties

Click Security

Click Add

Click "objects"

Make sure groups is checked (it isn't by default)

Find IIS_WPG

Add.

Where microsoft says add IUSR_machinename this will add access for all IUSR_workprocesss for the isolated application pool.

Just wanted to say thanks Larry for this info - it worked great for us !

If only Sw-soft would take the time to offer this kind of help without trying to charge us all for it.

I´ve followed this instructions, but I´ve had the following problem :

If I click in objects and add groups, it´s ok.
If after that I go to advanced / find now / and add IIS_WPG, the groups just appear unchecked.

Do you know why ? What I have to do to enable CDONTS ?

If you could help me I´d appreciate, I´m having a lot of problems with my costumers.

Back