• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CentOS 8 support

Is there an ETA for both CentOS 8 and Debian 10? I am really waiting for it to create my VPS... I can wait but that's not what I want hehe.

Oh man that's a real bummer. I've just installed Centos 8 on my shiny new server and the new Cockpit view is amazing. Now you're telling me that I need to go back to 7 just to install Plesk and then do an upgrade when Plesk supports it. That's bad, I can't reinstall the whole server. Isn't there a way to force the installation?

Isn't there a way to force the installation?
Of course, you can try to install Plesk Obsidian on your shiny new server and share your result and experience with us. Or you can just wait for official CentOS 8 support in Plesk Obsidian. It's up to you.

Hi Team,

Sorry to be a pest, and I know you're saying to be patient, but any kind of ETA would be great (days, a week, weeks, months?) We are looking to upgrade our Plesk servers from 12.5 to Obsidian and want to use Cloud Linux as part of the overhaul, instead of our usual Ubuntu.

We're itching to start this project, but it doesn't make sense to build a brand new CentOS 7 system at this point. I'm sure lots of people are itching for this.

Is there anything I can do to help push up the priority of CentOS 8 support?

Thanks,
Rhys.

I wish there is at least rough estimate on this. Saying to your users "soon" or "just monitor changelog" - is not doing any good.

But saying in Q1 od 2020 or Q2 of 2020 would make it far more fair.

We have ongoing projects, plans need to be set and so on. I would really like someone give us rough estimate. Not promise just rough estimate. Example i have clients awaiting me and i delay them because i can't predict Obsidian maturity. So ATM i am on the edge of deciding should i wait for Centos8 support and on top of that Obsidian maturity. Or should i simply run with Onyx on Centos 7, enjoy fully developed product with missing features from Obsidian - and have problems later when Centos7 and Onyx are dropped.

Me personally i would really like to see rough ETA on

- when Obsidian will support Centos 8
- when Obsidian is expected to go from RTM to GA status (my guess 6 months until it's polished and matured).

@seqoi

First half of November.

On the next week.

Wow you see. That makes it A LOT better for me. Even if you delay CentOS 8 support for a month or two it still better to know this for setting out our plans (instead of - soon).

Keep up the good work and good luck with everything.

Last edited:
Any update or plan?
Anthony from Plesk responded to that .

First half of November.

Meaning very soon. I believe more realistic expectation is end of November. IMHO in your situation i would wait for another month or two AFTER they announce support for Centos 8. To allow them to polish Obsidian further on Centos 8.

Back