• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change default CFIDE IIS Virtual Directory for new sites

Brian H

New Pleskian
Hi there.

I have coldfusion running fine with plesk 8.3, and whenever I create a new domain, it creates virtual directory inside of IIS for /CFIDE -> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cfide.

Now, I want this /CFIDE mapping to go to a different location since I am securing my CFIDE. I am going to create a new folder . c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cfide_pub, and I want plesk to create the default /CFIDE mapping for every new site to point to this new location. I can easily change the existing virtual directory locations in IIS, but I want to configure plesk to use this new CFIDE path automatically for all new sites creates so that I don't have to manually fix it every time I add a new site.

So far I have been unable to find the configuration parameter in plesk to check this. Any idea? The CF administrator will still exist in the old c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cfide, but no one will have access to it except for an IIS site that I will create manually in IIS.

This is operating under the expectation that Plesk contains a setting somewhere to store this path. It is possbile that plesk is accessing the neo-runtime.xml in the coldfusion/lib directory to pull up this mapping, but I doubt it.

-Brian

Back