• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change DNS record..

T

timtrott

The doc's for SiteBuilder says "Change the DNS record of your server so that SiteBuilder is accessible".... Change how? Add what? An A record? A CNAME record? I assume it's sitebuilder.<domain>. Is that done server wide or just on the site you want to install on? The doc's are written for people who don't need the docs, as is often the case.

Guessing, I added an A record - sitebuider.test.local. -- Now I get "This is the Pleskâ„¢ default page" from /home/httpd/vhosts/default/htpd/index.html

Also, any idea why after installing SiteBuilder the error pop-ups are now in French even though the box is clearly still set to USA/English? Anybody have any idea how to turn it back to English?

Just in case you think I'm kidding... I ran up2date and then checked to see if webmail still works -- suspecting it would be gone as reported by some in another forum. Just as feared, it didn't work, and here is the error message:

"webmail.test.local est introuvable.
Veuillez verifier le nom et essayer a nouveau. "

I get roughly the same message for sitebuilder.

PS: I don't speak French, but I can guess it says "file not found, check the name and try again".

Hi timtrott,

go and check your /etc/httpd/conf.d/sitebuilder.cnf. It should contain sitebuilder.YOURHOSTNAME and sitebuilder.* as domain names ... Also it should have your main ip address.

Go and create DNS entry for the domain in that vhost file (sitebuilder.YOURHOSTNAME) and it should work through this domain.

Also you could add a sitebuider subdomain to the DNS zonefile of your customer(s) (which NEEDS to point to the same ip address as in sitebuilder.cnf!!!) and then you can also access Sitebuilder through these domains.

Regards,

Pink

Thanks for the tip on the config file. Strange there's not one single word about it in the documentation, not a clue.

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin [email protected]
DocumentRoot /usr/local/sitebuilder
ServerName sitebuilder.*
ServerAlias sitebuilder.*
ErrorLog logs/sitebuilder-error_log
CustomLog logs/sitebuilder-access_log common
DirectoryIndex /wizard/index.php
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
</VirtualHost>[root@localhost conf.d]#

So where does the IP go?

Does something need to be restarted?

Again about the DNS -- CNAME? A record?

Hi,

hmm .. I think this was a bug in one of the first Sitebuilder versions ...

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin [email protected]
DocumentRoot /usr/local/sitebuilder
ServerName sitebuilder.*
ServerAlias sitebuilder.*

Some systems don't like this.

Replace "*:80" with "<your primary ip>:80" and change ServerName to your Sitebuilder domain (e.g. sitebuilder.myhostname.com).

Then restart Apache.

Btw. there's already version 1.1.0 of Sitebuilder out, don't know which one you use ... ?

Regards,

Pink

Back