• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change file permission don't work

D

Danny2089

I have Windows Server 2003 with Plesk 8.6

If I try to change the permissions of a file with the Plesk does not work and I have to modify the properties of files through Windows

This is not the case with folders

What should I do?!

We have the same problem, if you update the permissions it kicks you back to the domain page and resets any windows permissions as well.

Looks like plesk's level of caring matches their products reliability

"If I try to change the permissions of a file with the Plesk does not work and I have to modify the properties of files through Windows"

Change a file to be writable by the IIS user, goes back to the file listing without making the change...

Gotta love how helpful and timely the plesk staff are....
This is a major issue and ignoring it isn't going to make it go away.

plesk 8.6.0.4 file manger still can't chage permissions,is there somebody solve this problem

we have the same problem and using the advanced option doesn't work either for us.

In order for plesk file permission to work properly, you have to setup allow modify permission on that domain account, otherwise, even you change the permission, it will not work.

Back