• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change Linux Distribution

B

baux

My service provider supply various linux distributions, but just SuSE and CentOS comes with Plesk. I'd like to install Debian (actually version 5 is available) 'cause i feel more comfortable and I've experienced some problem with CentOS (such as zip support for PHP).

To do it I've first installed the CentOS image and upgraded Plesk to the last version (10.2) and backed-up the system (to get my license key). Once obtained my system backup I've installed a clean version of Debian and finally Plesk 10.2.

I've imported the license key and everything appear to works fine, but creating a new system backup, the following error message appear:

Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/license.php --install /tmp/migration-unpack-XXXXX/keyXXXXXXXX -check-updates true failed with return code 1.
Stdout is
Can't import license: The license key is invalid. In order to use the Panel, please obtain and install a new valid license key.
You are trying to use license key created for another version of Parallels Panel. Contact Parallels sales representatives to obtain the proper license key.
Stderr is
The license key is invalid. In order to use the Panel, please obtain and install a new valid license key.
You are trying to use license key created for another version of Parallels Panel. Contact Parallels sales representatives to obtain the proper license key.

In the backup file I've got another license key, but I don't know if that one is a new one which I can use (CentOS backup contains 2 keys different from the new one)...

If I see the license key properly, should I have to worry when the this key will expires?

I have to configure urgently the system for a costumer, but I can't give a system that will have problems in the future...

TIA

Update

I've reinstalled a second time the Debian image and imported the license key from the previous Debian installation. Now I haven't got any error message and the license should be the right one (unlimited domain aliases, domain accounts etc.).

To proceed to the system configuration I just need a confirmation that I will not experience any problem during the license renovation process.

TIA

Back