• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change PHP to FastCGI for all domains?

xLnT

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
Is it possible to change from mod_php to FastCGI on all domains on a server?
We are running Debian 6 (x64) and Plesk 10.4.4.

We would like to try that since apache is using up all our RAM on the servers.

Kind Regards
Magnus

Use something like

for i in `mysql -uadmin -p\`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow\` psa -Ns -e "select name from domains"`; do /usr/local/psa/bin/domain -u $i -php_handler_type fastcgi; done

Thank you very much IgorG.
Any ideas about this issue? I have seen alot of others have the same problem with apache.

Kind Regards
Magnus

Yes, it is known behaviour then mod_php works a bit faster but consume much more RAM than fastcgi.

Ok,
I would like to ask you if its possible with a oneliner to set so that all spam messages spamassasin marks as spam, is sent to the spam folder, for every mail account.

Kind Regards
Magnus

Igor, I tried your code and it updated all the domains to fastcgi as expected but now a couple of domains running Joomla 2.5 are having problems with slideshow components (Yootheme's Widgetkit and Joomlaworks' Frontpageslideshow) Sites running 1.5 seem fine (with other sliudeshows).

I use plesk 11.09.

Any ideas on what else may need tweaking on the server following the update to fastcgi ?

Back