• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Change PHP-Version

Florian M.

New Pleskian
Hallo,
I'm using Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #4.
It is working on a vServer running ubuntu 14.04. to adminstrate some Websites. I've kept the system everytime up to date.
Today, I tried to change the PHP-Version for a domain/webspace to a newer one, In the Menu the PHP-Version is offered me by Plesk, but when I choose the newer Version and commit the change, I get an Error Message:
(German) "Fehler: Zugriff verweigert." (means Error: access denied in English).
Ok, then I tried to chance this setting in the assigned service-package.
It synchronized successfull with all webspaces, where the service-package had been assigned.
But when I watched the settings of the webspace again, there was still assigned the old PHP-version.
A second try to change the Version, has lead to the same error-message.
Please give me a hint, what my mistake has been.

When you change the PHP version in the hosting plan template, this does not affect existing PHP configurations in subscriptions. The reason for that is that subscribers may have made their own choices on which PHP version they want to use.

The the error message in the subscription: Could the "access denied" maybe result from another PHP setting on the same page? When you change the PHP selection, the other fields on the same page will be stored and applied to the configuration files, too. Anyway, if that is not the case, you could try
# /usr/local/psa/bin/repair --restore-vhosts-permissions

Hallo,
thank you for the answer.
In the Domain adminstration Panel, if I ther open the PHP-Setup, then the Field "PHP-Unterstützung (PHP-Version 5.5.9, PHP ausführen als --)
The Field after "ausführen als" is empty and there is no offer to select any option.
I'll try your tip to repair the vhost-permissions tomorrow.

I've accessed my server via ssh now.
In the path /usr/local/psa/bin/ i can only find there a link pointing to "/opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/repair.php"
So I was not able to execute the mentionend repair-script.
Your hint to the thread "Unable to select 'run PHP as..' on /smb/web/php-settings" is the same issue, I think, but it hasn't been solved already.
Additional I have to report that the execution of the plesk repair utility Plesk Repair Utility
didn't help me.

Last edited:
Now I've tried to uninstall PHP 5.5.9 because there is also PHP 5.6.30 installed and I was able to add PHP 7.0 via Plesk-Installer.
If I try to uninstall PHP 5.5.9 (by OS Vendor) Plesk gives me a Notification, that it will remove several other dependant packages:
e.g.:
-Webalizer
-AWStats
-ModSecurity
-Plesk-Firewall
-Plesk VPN
-Lets Encrypt.
perhaps this Information can help anyone to give me a hint what I can/should do, to fix this issue?

Ok. There was a big missunderstandig.
Now, I selected the Domain-View (Domains-> MyDomain) and then I've selected "Hosting-Settings" and changed the PHP-Version there.
Success.
First, and this was my Problem, I tried to chance the PHP-Version at this Menu in the Domain-View (Domains->MyDomain) under the Option "PHP-Settings".
I'm really relieved now.

Back