• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change qmail/mysql directory

cmaxwell

Regular Pleskian
One of our disk partitions was filling up so we changed the location of qmail and mysql by making symlinks as follows:

/var/qmail => /home/var/qmail
/var/lib/mysql => /home/var/lib/mysql

Everything works fine, except the psadump backup fails to backup the mail or database files.

Do we need to make a hard link instead or is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks.

You can't hardlink directories, so if psadump is that sensitive then you are SOL.

I don't use psadump, but atleast I can tell you hardlinks for directories are not possible :).

You could split the second disk into two partitions and mount each partition in /var/qmail and /var/lib/mysql.

Another thing I thought of was the /etc/psa/psa.conf file, I have no idea if tweaking the QMAIL_ROOT_D, QMAIL_MAILNAMES_D, MYSQL_VAR_D variables will fix it -- or make it even worse.

Thanks for your reply. It gave me an idea to run the psadump manually (not from cron) and here is the error I found:

/usr/bin/mysqldump: Can't get CREATE TABLE for table `monitor_agent_reports` (Can't open file: 'monitor_agent_reports.MYD'. (errno: 145))

I ran a repair on that MySQL table and it all works fine now. False alarm!

Thanks for the good ideas.

Good to know that psadump will freak out if there is table/index corruption.

Back