• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Change SMTP sender that Plesk uses to send emails to admins

danimora

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.7.1908 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.47
When Plesk sends mails to admins, like "The Panel failed to updated" it uses its own smtp server (I'm assuming postfix) to deliver them. Most of the times those emails are marked as spam since the sender address is based on the host name and it is not a valid email address.

I'd like to change the sender addres and also use a custom smtp server (sendgrid) to deliver them to ensure maximum deliverability.

How can I configure the parameters in plesk?

thanks
dani

It's an option that can be set in the panel.ini file since Plesk 18.0.45:
Plesk administrator can now specify a custom email address to be used as a mail relay (the address will be used as the sender address for all Plesk email notifications found in “Tools & Settings” > “Notifications”). Using an email address with a properly configured domain (DKIM, SPF records, etc.) would ensure that the notifications would not be treated as spam. To do so, add the following lines to the panel.ini file:

[notification]
senderAddress=<custom email address>

Thank you very much for pointing me to this setting. I tested and it worked great, no more notifications marked as spam.

Back