• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Change subscription envelope mail address

wilkis

New Pleskian
I send an email with sendmail from [email protected] to [email protected]. At the destination I received an email with [email protected] as envelope address(MAIL FROM) at the mail header. I tried sendmail and php to send a test mails and I got the same result everytime.
I can find the envelope address also at the mail log.

Are there any configuration files or something else to customize the envelope address for a subscription?

Last edited:
First, an observation: when you say you're using "sendmail", you are actually using a replacement for the venerable Sendmail program, provided by either Postfix or Qmail, depending on the MTA you've chosen to use within Plesk.

Also, the mail envelope and the apparent From: address can differ.

In any case, this is not really a Plesk related question and other forums and sites could provide better help, e.g.: How to change envelope from address using PHP mail?

Thank you, @Ales and @ChristophRo
We decided Postfix as MTA and I mean the envelope address and not the apparent From.

The sendmail -f parameter works, but it's not a really clean solution. If I enter the sendmail parameter for some subscriptions at some configuration files and I need an overwiew or I have to change the envelope address for one special domain, is made a mayhem.

If it's for just one subscription, you can simply use the mail.force_extra_parameters that is exposed in the GUI on the PHP Settings page of a website.

mail-extra.png

Back