• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changing primary ip address for plesk

B

bob2

I am needing to change the primary ip address for one of my plesk servers and wanted to see if anyone has done this before. The current ip is like 12x.1xx.95.x. The new ip address will be from the same block of ip addresses but the last octet will be changed to a higher number. Would I go about doing this the following way. Take the current IP out of my client's ip pool. Stop Plesk then log in to the server by command line as root and change the ip address for eth0. Log back in to the control panel and then go to ip addresses and choose re-read addresses. Also when I log back in to the control panel I should be able to use one of the ip addresses that did not change to log back in? Are there any recommendations on stopping plesk before I change the ip address.

I am running Plesk 7.5.2 and RHEL 3 if anyone wants to know.

Try using the IP mapping utility from the command line.

#/usr/local/psa/bin/reconfigurator.pl file_name

This will create a file that you can edit to change the IP. Then run the command again to make the change.

Back