• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

clamd.exe consuming too much CPU resources

torwill

Basic Pleskian
Anyone has this problem? There are always mutiple instances of clamd.exe running, and consuming almost all of CPU resources, and plenty of logs like below in Even Viewer!?!

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: ClamAV
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 2005/2/23
Description:
All processes are terminated

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

This particular log logs in event view every 1 second.

How could I lower clamd.exe cpu usage? and what does this error message mean?

Any feedbacks are appreciated!

Hello,

It also happens to me. I contacted Plesk and here is the answer:

"
Hello,
Please try the following:
1. Uninstall ClamAV.
2. Reboot the server.
3. Install the last version.(http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/clamwin/clamwin-0.83-setup.exe?download)
"

The good is that this one dosen't crash, the bad, is that plesk does not recognise/support this versión... so I'm like before.

I have premiere licence with SpamAssasin and also have the problem.

Best Regards.

I don't have any solution, every version that I try has some problem. Seem that the one that crash every second is the correct one to use, but I cannot make it work.

Best Regards.

Would someone from the Plesk development team please contact me directly at my e-mail address to discuss the issues that your users are reporting to me?

I am the main developer of ClamAV For Windows, which you guys are using for antivirus in your Plesk for Windows product.

I do not have the necessary information to properly try and figure out where the problems are coming from, especially because you are using clamd as a service, which has some known issues that sound an awful lot like what your customers are experiencing.

And not to sound critical or anything, but it would have been nice for you to consult with me about the best ways to use my package reliably, so we could have prevented issues like this...

--
Brian Bruns
The Summit Open Source Development Group
http://www.sosdg.org
[email protected]

I have work with this much more, and have noticed that it only crash when you start the service that is in: C:\program files\swsoft\plesk\admin\bin\clamav.exe .

If you start and stop the program manualy it don't crash, but then the messages are still not analysed because plesk does not route them through clamav.

Best Regards.

Originally posted by rubensans
I have work with this much more, and have noticed that it only crash when you start the service that is in: C:\program files\swsoft\plesk\admin\bin\clamav.exe .

If you start and stop the program manualy it don't crash, but then the messages are still not analysed because plesk does not route them through clamav.

Best Regards.

So there are not any real solution for this problem?

Originally posted by aracnet
So there are not any real solution for this problem?

Yeah there is, but it requires Plesk changing their system so that it detects clamd when its running, rather then based on if the service is running.

There are known issues with clamd being run as a service (I'm still trying to track down the exact cause of this, but for now, the bug is there).

If you start it using my start-clamd.bat script in C:\clamav-devel, it will run fine and function as expected.

This seems to only affect some people - others have no problem running it as a service. Like I said, I haven't been able to reliably track down the exact cause.

so you advised it to start it from remote desktop from win server side. but will plesk understand as it is working?

Also the main problem you have is not have acces the plesk codes? or not have a plesk server ?

Right now If you start clamav manualy plesk don't understand it. Plesk only understand it if you start it from plesk control panel.

I supose that he don't have access to plesk codes.

Ruben.

Back