• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Clicking "Updates and Upgrades" gets me a 404 error

Try to fix it with following command:

plesk repair installation

Try to reinstall all updates with following command

plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

Resolved it now:
Issue was related to ModSecurity, which blocked access to the "Updates and Upgrades" page.
Deactivating ModSecurity solved the problems.

Issue began when we noticed ModSecurity errors in the Event Log: the module couldn't access its configuration files.
We thought we might update the module but couldn't access the "Updates and Upgrades" page.
We suspect it might be connected to us trying to access the page when the automatic Plesk update was still running...

The page is accessible now. We'll see whether the ModSecurity problem would be resolved as well.

Well, just to sum it all up: the ModSecurity is still raising errors:
-------------
The description for Event ID 1 from source ModSecurity cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:
Cannot open config file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\ModSecurity\vhosts\0554482C-1C28-4293-ADCB-4ACAF0430CF4\modsecurity.conf
-------------
The file in question exists.
Permissions for "psaadm": read & execute
Permissions for "psacln": deny everything
Permissions for "psasrv": deny everything

Is there a way to set permissions manually and preventing updates from modifying them?

Most probably that the root cause of this issue is a wrong installation of ModSecurity in IIS Manager for the website.
I would suggest you reinstall this component.

Thanks.
I've reinstalled ModSecurity using the command prompt:
plesk installer --select-release-current --remove-component modsecurity
plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component modsecurity

Hopefully, this would resolve the ModSecurity related problems.
Thanks again.

Sad to report that the problem with ModSecurity persists after reinstalling it yesterday.
Obviously an issue with permissions.
Which user must have read permissions to view the configuration file?
Right now, only "psaadm" has read & execute permissions.

Have you tried to restore and repair permissions with Plesk reconfigurator?

I've tried to repair permissions, using Plesk reconfigurator. To no avail. ModSecurity does not work properly due to permission issues (can't read the conf files).
When I deactivate ModSecurity I don't encounter any 404 errors accessing the "Updates and Upgrades" page.
What's with the ModSecurity permissions? It appears others have encountered similar isssues.

Any update on this ? The upgra from 18.0.20to 18.0.21 raise the exact same error, and in our case, ModSecurity is completely disabled

Back