• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Cloning scheduling

Groo

New Pleskian
Hi,

It would be great if there was a scheduling functionality where you could set a time when the feature is available.

As it stands, when cloning certain huge sites on the box, it brings everything to a crawl. To mitigate, I've let customers know that the feature is only available from 10pm-6am daily ...as a temporary stopgap, I just have a cron that renames /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/library/Helper/CloneHelper.php and that gives them an error if they click Clone outside those times.

Last edited:
when cloning certain huge sites on the box, it brings everything to a crawl
I'd presume this is from either IO usage causing high IOWait or CPU from whatever Plesk uses to sync files (rsync iirc). Have you considered various mitigations or limits like CGroups or even Nice/IONice?

Combo of CPU and IOWait. WP Toolkit uses FileTransfer library @ /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/library/FileTransfer - is that just a wrap on rsync?

I suppose I could set up a cron to check for those processes and renice/ionice them when they appear and see what happens. It's too bad these are all binary files and not just scripts I can add parameters to.

I've never used CGroups but I will look into that too. Thx

Back