• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Coldfusion 9 support?

WilliamH

Basic Pleskian
I understood Coldfusion 9 support was to be included in this release, but its not. Are you ever going to support it?

Thank you
Bill

As far as I know it is planned for Plesk 9.5.5 version.

We have two directions of Plesk developing - 9.x and 10.x
CF9 support is planned for 9.5.5 and I hope that for next 10.x releases too.

Oh wow...I didn't realize there were two directions...Do you know when 9.5.5 will be released?

Thank you

Why are there two directions in the same product? One is geared for virtualization and the other isn't?

Why are there two directions in the same product? One is geared for virtualization and the other isn't?

It is not the same products. Plesk 10 has absolutely other business logic, for example.

I have just bought coldfusion 9 and a customer is waiting for me to set up their site. I bought the Plesk Power Pack and only found out why it didn't work after searching this forum.

Is it possible to get it working any other way in the meantime?

Please can you give us a timescale for coldfusion 9 support.. days? weeks? months? never... Coldfusion 9 has been out for over a year!

Is there a way of setting up a Plesk domain manually with Coldfusion 9? I'm getting desperate, any advice would be much appreciated.

How can I get Coldfusion 9 working with a Plesk domain manually? I need to get one domain working asap, any ideas?

Hi WilliamH, no I haven't yet. Have you any ideas or articles that may help?

Hi IgorG,

Just to clarify Coldfusion 9 support should be available in version 9.5.5. The current version is 9.5.3, so it's not going to be released in the next updated version of plesk (of which there is no 'ETA').

It would be handy to know if the wait wil be days, months, years or never.

Thanks

I can't speak specifically about CF9 or Plesk 10, but in the past we ran CF8 on a Plesk 8 machine prior to Plesk supporting it.

It just means that you have to configure CF support manually in IIS for each domain that you want to use it.

These were the steps we used to follow ... (PLEASE NOTE: these instructions are for ColdFusion 8 on a Plesk 8.x server, but the principles may be similar with CF9/Plesk 10)

==========================
Step 1 - Enable CF Support
==========================

1. Click Start >> All Programs >> Adobe >> ColdFusion 8 >> Web Server Configuration Tool

2. A pop up window will appear, Click the "Add" button.

3. Select the domain from the "IIS Web Site" drop down list. (Leave all the other settings on their defaults) then click "OK"

4. When prompted to restart the web server click "Yes"

If you get an error saying that it can't stop the web server, just run iisreset from the command line.

5. Click "Exit"

==========================================================
Step 2 - Create Virtual Folder linking to the CFIDE folder
==========================================================

1. Open IIS, right click the required domain and select "New" >> "Virtual Directory".

2. The Virtual Directory Creation Wizard will open. Click "Next".

3. Enter "CFIDE" as the Alias name, click "Next".

4. Select C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CFIDE as the path, click "Next".

5. Make sure that "Read" permissions are checked, click "Next".

Last edited:
Back