• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Confixx -> Plesk migration problem

ChrisBar

New Pleskian
Hello,

i have a few question about migration from confixx to plesk.

I have setup a new clean Plesk Panel 11.5 with CentOS 6.5 and use on this server the "Migrations&Transfer Manager" and try to Migrate a Confixx 3.3.9 under Linux into the new Plesk Server.

The PreMigration Script doesn't work (http://kb.parallels.com/en/119740)

Error:
Creating directory pre-migration-checker
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing confixx-ppp11.5-pre-migration-checker-328683.sh........................................................................
Checking installation for migration issues, please wait...
Can't locate the PPCPL on this host.

1. Question - why can't locate the migration-checker the "PPCPL" ?
2. Question - what is "PPCPL" ? Is use confixx in my opion is PPCPL the Parallels Pro Panel (Ensim), maybe wrong script ?!

Okay, skip this Step (pre-migration-check-script)!

I use the "Migrations&Transfer Manager" from Plesk.

I have seletect all reseller (2 Account) with all webs (web1-120) and use the IP Mapping and select to Map all to the new IP and let the Manager running - after 1-2 Hours is the migration aborted with status "failed" and "empty" Errors. "Download log for additional information" and "View the log" have no error, this is complet empty.

Now, select each "web" from confixx separately, sometime thats "failed" with the same "empty" error. In the some try's it's work and if something wrong i have now error and see the warnings and errors and fix this on the confixx server. After try migration step-for-step i have now all errors and can now fix them and do that.

3. Question - Why is the migrationslog "empty" when i use more as one webspace? The "step by step" methode is not really fast and need very much time.

After a complete "test migration" and find now some failures after the migration.

Failure1:
Migrations webXpX to new mailaccount on plesk

Situations:
I have on one webspace the domain(s) "mydomain.com" and "my-domain.com" with the mailadresses "[email protected]" / "[email protected]" / "[email protected]" AND "[email protected]" / "[email protected]" / "[email protected]" this adresses will save in the user "web1p1" and the customer use the [email protected] as there main mailadress and the other likely a "alias" or forwarding.

Result:
The customer has now on plesk the web1p1 mailaccount, but its empty and can't use because the logfile say that "short usernames not be allowed". The migration manager created analogical to the adresse "info@" / "webmaster@" with each domain a separatly mailaccount / mailfolder and in the plesk interface a see a forwarding for all this mailadresses to the mailadress [email protected] and in the Plesk Server work "[email protected]" now as username with the old password from web1p1. My customer will not use the "[email protected]" he will use the "[email protected]" for the mailaccount.

Who can select/mapping this that the migration manager use the "[email protected]" as the main mailaccount and not the [email protected]? In my opion this Situation (all adresses to one username) should be a conflict and create a "mapping table" with the selecting option who i can mark as the primiary adress and create a account for the primary adresse and forward all other mailadresse to the primary adresse. I have no solution to change this by the confixx server. Who we can resolve this issue?

Failure2:
All subscriptions have the main subdomain of the old confixx server, but i don't need this in confixx (e.g. all subscriptions have web1.myserverdomain.com / web2.myserverdomain.com). Give it a solution for the this, why don't ask me the migration manager not for a solution/mapping who like the IP mapping? In the most situations the people don't need this anymore after migrations. I know this subdomain is in confixx a standard configuration.

Back