• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Confusion over what version of PHP I will have after upgrade

SacAutos

Regular Pleskian
I'm running Plesk 10.4.4 on CentOS 5.8 and am considering upgrading to Plesk 11. However, I have a number of websites that I am hosting that actually require that I stay on PHP 5.1.6. My understanding is that the version of PHP is a function of my operating system and not Plesk. (Having said that, I know that I can go to PHP 5.3 if I install that via the panel as an option.)

When I read the release notes for Plesk 11, it states:

"Upgrade of supplied components. Panel 11.0 includes the following components:

[...]
PHP 5.3.10 for customer websites
PHP 5.3.10 for the Panel web interface
[...]
"

So this is confusing me. Am I going to get 5.3 for my customer sites as part of the update or is this referring to the version of PHP that is the option? If I update and I wind up with 5.3 for my customer sites, that is a disaster as the sites will stop functioning.

Can someone please clarify?

Yes, as a default upgrade of plesk php 5.3 will be installed and that could break your customers websites since they require a much lower version.

However, you can downgrade it anytime with the command: yum downgrade php*

Very helpful info. Here's a follow-up

Another factor that I neglected to mention is that I also have php-mcrypt installed. Is that going to disappear, prevent the update or be included in the new PHP version? Anybody know? This is another important factor to consider when or if I update.

I somehow thought I responded to this but suprisingly I see now response from me :)

Anyways, I highly doubt if an upgrade would remove your php-mcrypt already installed..
But if it did, then installing it back would be as simple as running the command:

yum install php-mcrypt

I'm not so sure

Thanks again for trying to help. The reason why I'm asking is that php-mcrypt and the PHP 5.3 add-on via Plesk 10.4 are mutually exclusive. I was curious if this had been resolved for Plesk 11. Unfortunately I don't have a test server at the moment that I can use to do a trial install to find out for myself. Nobody else has this concern?

More confusion??

I make a fresh install, and try to reinstall sometimes but i have this version php 5.3.3-3.el6_2.8, my plesk version this plesk versión 11.0.9 #4 and my sistem is centos 6.2 64 x86

Don´t see how get this php version??
[...]
PHP 5.3.10 for customer websites
PHP 5.3.10 for the Panel web interface
[...]

Thanks!

Back