• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Connecting a Landing Page

charley97

New Pleskian
How can I link a simple landing page to the subdomain solar.enautark.de with the software Perspective (C-Name entry see picture below) ? I have attached all the necessary screenshots.

1705395782724.png
1705395874157.png
1705396035899.png
1705396163125.png

The landing page I created with the software perspective does not allow you to connect to this C-name entry (404 error message). I had to create the subdomain solar.enautark.de, because the main domain enautark.de is already intended for the website.

Why is my landing page with the domain that I have linked in Plesk not displayed correctly? I have placed all the necessary pictures above.

1705428836134.png 1705428884108.png

The DNS entries on your server are ineffective, because in your domain these three nameserver route the traffic off the domain:
Nserver: root-dns.netcup.net
Nserver: second-dns.netcup.net
Nserver: third-dns.netcup.net
You need to do the DNS settings in your nameservers, not on the nameserver on your Plesk, because that one is not used.

First of all, I would like to thank you for your answers.

Does this mean in practice that I have to delete certain namesserver? Or how exactly should I proceed in this case?

It means that all routing takes place at your Netcup DNS server, not on your Plesk server. If you want your Plesk server to be the authoritative DNS server for your domain, you need to have at least 2 subnets (2 IP addresses) on it and enter the two nameserver names of your Plesk server into your domain name.

Else, simply configure all DNS settings in your existing nameservers at your provider.

It means that all routing takes place at your Netcup DNS server, not on your Plesk server. If you want your Plesk server to be the authoritative DNS server for your domain, you need to have at least 2 subnets (2 IP addresses) on it and enter the two nameserver names of your Plesk server into your domain name.

Else, simply configure all DNS settings in your existing nameservers at your provider.
Is a simple CNAME entry with the following data (see image below) not sufficient to connect the landing page to this domain (solar.enautark.de)?

I also have to mention that a data transfer to Microsoft is still in progress. Is it possible that this is why the link is not working?

1705483904359.png 1705483932138.png 1705484002237.png

The reason is that the entries you are doing in your Plesk server are never used anywhere, because this is not the nameserver that is registered in your domain name. Again: Your domain uses these nameservers:
Nserver: root-dns.netcup.net
Nserver: second-dns.netcup.net
Nserver: third-dns.netcup.net
You need to enter your routes into these nameservers. Your Plesk nameserver is never queried by anything, because it is not the nameserver that is listed in the domain.

Thank you very much for your answer! I have adjusted the nameservers accordingly (see image below). Do I have to delete the other two CNAME entries now or what is the reason that the link to the landing page with solar.enautark.de has not yet been created?

1705654817069.png 1705654853745.png

1705654969107.png 1705655054512.png

What do you mean by "other two CNAME entries"? Are the screenshots from Netcup DNS or from your Plesk server? If they are from the Plesk server, you'll at least need to update the NS records to point to the Plesk server. These still contain Netcup DNS rerferences. Or did you mean that you updated the DNS entries at your Netcup DNS? In that case Plesk will not update these entries, because it does not have access to your nameserver. You'll then need to manage all required entries yourself.

Back