• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Contact form 7 Autoresponder stuck in Mail queue as 'deferred'

Mathijs

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,

Let's begin by saying I'm very new to all this, both to Plesk and this forum. I've searched the forum and other places on the internet and haven't come across a solution for my problem, so here goes.

I have set up Plesk with the goal to host all my current and future websites. I'm currently only using Wordpress but will definitely experiment with other CMS's in the future.

Plesk's main webspace is my main domain 'mathijslemmers.com'. I've created a new website 'logodigitalisatie.nl' and set up mail for it. It is a Wordpress website with a form that, once someone submits it, sends an automatic response to that person. That would be the idea anyhow.

I receive and am able to sent mail properly via the e-mail address '[email protected]'. But the autoresponders are not being received by the person filling in the form. When investigating I found the Mail Queue page which contained my test mail with the status of 'deferred'.

Does anyone know what I should do to make this work?

Note:
I don't know whether this is relevant but mail I receive on [email protected] when someone fills in the form says it is sent 'via mathijslemmers.com'.
This is false, obviously, and I was wondering if maybe this is also causing the autoresponders to fail.

Hello Mathijs,

I tried to reproduce your case in Plesk for Linux. An email from my autoresponder was delivered to my Gmail mailbox. I didn't configure anything except creating a webspace, install WordPress and Contact Form plugin. The email was forwarded to spam box because settings for mail delivering is simple and cannot be configured in the plugin.

Could you check what mail server installed on your server (Tools & Settings -> Mail Server Settings -> Installed mail server)? Is configured external SMTP server (Tools & Settings -> External SMTP Server)?

Thanks for responding!

I was just about to close this thread actually since the support crew of my hosting company helped me out.
The problem turned out to be caused by a setting in their control panel and not in Plesk itself.

So sadly if anyone else has this problem this thread will not help you any further.

Thanks again and have a great day everyone!

Back