• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CONTROL PANLE not showing up

J

just_guy

this is what i get when i type in my URL. https: 66.XXX.XXX.XXX:8443

ERROR

Table 'psa.ControlVisibility' doesn't exist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/visibility.php:148 psaerror(string "Table 'psa.ControlVisibility' doesn't exist")
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/visibility.php:291 getvisibilitycustomizations(string "/login_up.php3")
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/visibility.php:300 getvisibility(string "login", boolean true, NULL "")
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/elements.php3:180 iscontrolvisible(string "login", boolean true)
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/elements.php3:106 fetch_hideable_button(string "commonButton", string "login", string "", string "", boolean false, string "", string "return login_oC(document.forms[0], document.forms[1])", boolean true, integer "3", boolean false, boolean false)
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/login_up.php3:765 comm_button(string "login", string "", string "return login_oC(document.forms[0], document.forms[1])", boolean true, integer "3")

HOW DO I GO ABOUT FIXING THIS. I need to get into my control panel to do things?

THanks much for any help.

Originally posted by just_guy
this is what i get when i type in my URL. https: 66.XXX.XXX.XXX:8443

ERROR

Table 'psa.ControlVisibility' doesn't exist

Something wrong with your Plesk DB.

How do i go about fixing my DB? ...i can restart my PSA but it won't solve that problem....cus it still won't show up...

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Originally posted by just_guy
How do i go about fixing my DB? ...i can restart my PSA but it won't solve that problem....cus it still won't show up...

Any ideas on how to fix it?

AFAIR there was a SQL script in Plesk describing the DB structure. You may try to repair the DB by executing the part that creates ControlsVisibility table.

Here is the thread which someone shows the mysql sequence they had to do to recreate the ControlVisibility table to get back into his cp.

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?threadid=24038&highlight=ControlVisibility

Read the entire thread, since there are probably more than just the ControlVisibility which is missing or corrupt.

Personally I would either do a full restore from a known good backup, or reinstall. But that's just my opinion. I'd rather go back to a known good database rather than fight it for who knows how long, trying to find all the other possible corruptions...

hi James,

I've read the link you gave me and it's very helpful..but i'm new to this.

I can log into SSH but how do i CD to MYSQL? and where is the table located at and how do i create table in MYSQL thru SSH?

You don't CD into it. At the shell prompt, you do the following to run mySQL:

mysql -uadmin -pyourpassword psa

(replace 'yourpassword' with your admin password, no spaces!)

Then you will see a mysql> prompt, at this prompt you type:

CREATE TABLE `ControlVisibility` (
`id` tinyint(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`control` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',
`state` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',
`page` varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',
UNIQUE KEY `id` (`id`)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

all on one single line. Better to copy/paste it to make sure you don't do typos.

All this command does is tell mysql to create the table 'ControlVisibility' with certain fields and parameters.

Disclaimer: I was not the one who posted this procedure originally and I take no responsibility for it's effectiveness. You were advised to read the entire other thread since there may be other things corrupted as well. YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary -- ie. I'm not responsible if this wreaks havoc on your system.)

James,

It works. I can see the CONTROL PANEL now. Wow..you're great. I can log into it..and do other stuffs..but when i first login my control panel....

this is what i get:

Unable to query: Unknown column 'page_size' in 'field list'

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:177 psaerror(string "Unable to query: Unknown column 'page_size' in 'field list'")
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.cList.php3:152 db_query(string "select flags, sort, filter, page, page_size from ListsParams where user_id="0" and user_type="1" and parentList_id="0" and list_name="clientslist"")
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.cList.php3:67 clientslist->fetchlistparams()
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.ClientsList.php3:22 clientslist->clist()
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/clients/clients.php3:19 clientslist->clientslist()

However, i can still move around. Just that my in the GENERAL TAB when you first login, that's what it shows me.....I can navigate to my DOMAIN, SERVER, MODULES, SESSIONS..etc.....At least it helps me to access my database from here.

Back