• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Corrupt emails when checking via POP3

dtbaker

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have a client who receives about 200 emails on one day from some automated system (i have no control over this).
These emails each contain a very small PDF attachment about 30k each.

She can download a good portion of the emails, then outlook complains of a server timeout, and it stops downloading them. It also doesn't remove the downloaded messages from the server, so next time she clicks send and receive, she will receive a duplicate of each email up to the same corrupt email as last time. This process goes on for a while (especially since outlook will send & receive every 10 mins automatically) so she gets quite a few duplicates.

The solution is to login to webmail, read the stuck/corrupt email (which works fine in webmail) and then delete it from webmail.
In webmail you can see which eamils have been marked as "read" (ie: all the ones up to the stuck email) and which emails are still to be downloaded into outlook.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this or similar problem?

Can anybody recommend a courier/pop3d setting that could be causing these "stuck" or "timeout" problems on these small emails?

We can successfully receive many more larger emails in a single hit via pop from the same server, so I am confused as to why it's happening on small eamils only on her account.

I would prefer to not change any settings on her pc (ie: swapping to imap).

Any help / pointers would be great.

Kind Regards,
David

Back