• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Could Not Create Directory

jwiebedjfab

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
Web Host Edition
Hello all,

I'm brand new here and had an issue I could find a solution for through searching for it.
I'm also fairly new to website building but have a background in tech, so luckily not everything is lost on me!

We have a simple website that was created on Wordpress through the Wordpress Toolkit. Recently, it seems like Plesk updated from Onyx to Obsidian. As of that moment, I can no longer update my Wordpress version nor can I update plugins. It says it "Could Not Create Directory". I assume that's a permissions issue, but even if I knew where to find this setting, I wouldn't know what folders to change it for.

Hoping someone can help!

Could you please check owner and permissions on the content of your website root directory? You can do it in Plesk file manager. You can open Plesk file manager directly from WordPress Toolkit by the link on the website's card.

Hi jwiebedjfab, could you please describe your problem more detailed: Plesk version (18.0....), WP toolkit version, Site version? If you have access to panel.log file ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\admin\logs\php_error.log")? I'm trying to reproduce your problem and help to resolve it.

i have same error, which permissions i must change for which value? thanks
I fixed the issue by going into my File Directory, finding anything labeled "wordpress" or "wp", clicking the menu button to the right (highlighted in the attached photo), clicking "Change Permissions" and in the pane the pops up, I ticked permissions for everyone under the "Group or user names" section to "allow".

This solved all my update problems.
Hope this helps!Screenshot 2022-07-07 063352.png

Hello all,

I'm brand new here and had an issue I could find a solution for through searching for it.
I'm also fairly new to website building but have a background in tech, so luckily not everything is lost on me!

We have a simple website that was created on Wordpress through the Wordpress Toolkit. Recently, it seems like Plesk updated from Onyx to Obsidian. As of that moment, I can no longer update my Wordpress version nor can I update plugins. It says it "Could Not Create Directory". I assume that's a permissions issue, but even if I knew where to find this setting, I wouldn't know what folders to change it for.

Hoping someone can help!
This is an error that I am currently facing and I have no idea how to fix it. Iv tried several times but I can't fix it. Can anyone please guide me on how to fix this problem ?? btw when I install a plugin it shows this installation failed to report. Guys I really need to get rid of these errors so please help me somehow

This is an error that I am currently facing and I have no idea how to fix it. Iv tried several times but I can't fix it. Can anyone please guide me on how to fix this problem ?? btw when I install a plugin it shows this installation failed to report. Guys I really need to get rid of these errors so please help me somehow
Hi! Did you try to change permission of folders?
What is your server OS, Windows?
Do you have permissions to read panel.log? What error in logs?

I fixed the issue by going into my File Directory, finding anything labeled "wordpress" or "wp", clicking the menu button to the right (highlighted in the attached photo), clicking "Change Permissions" and in the pane the pops up, I ticked permissions for everyone under the "Group or user names" section to "allow".

This solved all my update problems.

Hope this helps!View attachment 21182

Hey Taylorray, above is what ended up fixing it for me. I had the same issue you did.

Back