• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

cPanel Integration - Plugin is dead for sometime now

alien-nibb

New Pleskian
The cPanel plugin does not work over a month or more.

When I first installed the plugin into a cPanel server it worked.

The documentation points to this file:
http://download1.parallels.com/WPB/Integration/cPanel/latest/wpb_cpanel.run

But I don´t think its working with the latest cPanel versions anymore. It will fail in several servers I tested with:
Uncompressing Presence Builder for cPanel...................................................
./wpb_cpanel.run: line 391: ./webpresencebuilder.sh: Permission denied

Yes, the script has the correct permissions.

The only reason I think why it worked before was because probably the latest cPanel versions changed something which the plugin does not like. Any tips?

I had to rebuild a server and I cannot enable the WPB server plugin for it anymore as per this error.

Hi,

looks like cPanel mounts /tmp dir with "noexec" attribute by now:
/usr/tmpDSK on /tmp type ext3 (rw,noexec,nosuid,loop=/dev/loop0)
/tmp on /var/tmp type none (rw,noexec,nosuid,bind)

For this reason you see "Permission denied" for installer. As workaround you can define temporary directory like this:
./wpb_cpanel.run --target /root/tmp/

cPanel Integration plugin will be updated for these changes in the near time. Thanks for your message.

I don´t think that is the case. cPanel does this for along time now.

I just found an old wpb_cpanel.run file on an old server where it worked before, transfered this to 2 new servers where I had this error and it worked without a glitch the first time I tried.

This means, the problem is in the latest installer, not in cPanel.

The old installer I have works. The new one that is provided in that link does not.

Hi,

Glad to inform you that today was released new cPanel integration plugin v1.1.1-37.
Please check up that your issue with installation was resolved.

Back