• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

cPanel Integration - Plugin is dead for sometime now

alien-nibb

New Pleskian
The cPanel plugin does not work over a month or more.

When I first installed the plugin into a cPanel server it worked.

The documentation points to this file:
http://download1.parallels.com/WPB/Integration/cPanel/latest/wpb_cpanel.run

But I don´t think its working with the latest cPanel versions anymore. It will fail in several servers I tested with:
Uncompressing Presence Builder for cPanel...................................................
./wpb_cpanel.run: line 391: ./webpresencebuilder.sh: Permission denied

Yes, the script has the correct permissions.

The only reason I think why it worked before was because probably the latest cPanel versions changed something which the plugin does not like. Any tips?

I had to rebuild a server and I cannot enable the WPB server plugin for it anymore as per this error.

Hi,

looks like cPanel mounts /tmp dir with "noexec" attribute by now:
/usr/tmpDSK on /tmp type ext3 (rw,noexec,nosuid,loop=/dev/loop0)
/tmp on /var/tmp type none (rw,noexec,nosuid,bind)

For this reason you see "Permission denied" for installer. As workaround you can define temporary directory like this:
./wpb_cpanel.run --target /root/tmp/

cPanel Integration plugin will be updated for these changes in the near time. Thanks for your message.

I don´t think that is the case. cPanel does this for along time now.

I just found an old wpb_cpanel.run file on an old server where it worked before, transfered this to 2 new servers where I had this error and it worked without a glitch the first time I tried.

This means, the problem is in the latest installer, not in cPanel.

The old installer I have works. The new one that is provided in that link does not.

Hi,

Glad to inform you that today was released new cPanel integration plugin v1.1.1-37.
Please check up that your issue with installation was resolved.

Back