• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Create/Change Username to a non email address

dankoni

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm trying to install WordPress to a subdomain, but WordPress has an issue with it's admin account being an email address (can't have the "@" in the username). How do I create a user with a username other than their external email address? I'm fine with changing my username to something other than my email address as well, but it doesn't seem possible.

Any thoughts? I'm logged in as admin, but I'd like to set the WordPress admin to my webmaster account.

Hello. If you are loading WordPress from the "Applications" under your domain names Subscription, tap the the install button to "Install (Custom)". Then, after you accept the WordPress license you will land on the WordPress setup page. There, you need to look for "Use administrative credentials not connected to any particular user." By default, "Grant administrative access to existing user" is selected and you can only choose from existing users (with email usernames), but if you select the option "Use administrative credentials not connected to any particular user", you can name the admin user anything you like. Hope that helps.

EDIT: I see now you are wanting to use a Plesk generated user from the drop down under "Grant administrative access to existing user". So... never mind on that, but when you create a User, the form autofills the username with the email address for the User. So all you have to do is click into the username form field and change the username whatever. :)

Last edited:
Back