• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Create mailing domains

jonny_alex

Basic Pleskian
Hey guys

I'm currently renewing all Accounts on my Plesk.
Now i would like to add mail.domain.com or smtp.domain.com so the customers can use the automatic setup in outlook.

How can i add this in my settings?

Greetings Jonny

Normally you should have a DNS wildcard for your domain, so that all subdomains point to the same IP address that the main domain is pointing to. There is no need to add extra subdomains mail and smtp.

I think what you are looking for is how to create an autodiscover.xml file so that Outlook reads the correct settings from your domain automatically. If that is the case: You will need to go through Microsoft's white papers on this. The feature is not yet supported by Plesk, but it is possible to place your individually created autodiscover.xml file into the proper location in your web space, so that clients can read the settings. The trick however is, how to formulate the file. I cannot help with that.

Mail autodiscover service

Okay, i've set it up with just domain.com instead of imap.domain.com. But my mails won't come through. I followed the instructions of the Plesk guide.

I tried with certificate and without but it doesn't come through anything.
Could you try out if i give you the logins for one of my mails and show me how you did it?

Back