• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Cron Job

igordr

New Pleskian
Helllo.

I am trying to set cron job in my plesk 11 panel to clean all folder content (files) on every 30 minutes. I set data period in shchedule task but i don't know what to enter in command line. May you help me ?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for reply Igor. :)
Path is also problem. I don't know begin folder on plesk, earlier i have used Cpanel... Maybe vhosts/httpdocs/domain.tld/ or ?

Thanks.

Sorry for double post.
Nothing happens with content of folder i have entered... I don't get emails when cron is triggered, but i managed settings...
I have attached my schedule task details, may somebody help me ?

Thanks.

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 31
May you please write me how looks like full path of some folder by default on Plesk 11 ?

I also don't get details of triggered cron job by email, but i enabled it in settings...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am customer with licensed Plesk panel, so i deserve help. My cronjob schedule task doesn't work, nether sends email about it... Where i can post ticket about ?

Thanks

Home > Tools & Settings > root > Add New task >

Command: rm -f /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/*

This command will delete all content for mydomain.com domain

Hello,

This command doesn't work for me...

rm -f /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/*

How can i check if schedule task option works at all ?
I don't get email when it's triggered, there is no any effect.

Thanks,
Igor

Check that you have scheduled tasks in cron:

crontab -l

Check /var/log/cron logfile. Be sure that task runs every day.

cron job setting

Hi,
I read this topic and i have the same problem.
i have a VPS with plesk 11.0.9 and centos 6. I want to set a schedules task that clear a directory content every hour.
I set task in plesk cp whit "root" user and every things is fine.

0 */1 * ** rm -rf /var/lib/php/session/*

but nothing happens!

in ssh, the above command works fine but in cronjob nothing!
i run the "crontab -l" command and see the cronjob task that set in plesk cp:

# crontab -l
MAILTO=info@....
0 */1 * ** rm -rf /var/lib/php/session/*

in cron log i just see:
date ... user crontab[#####] : root
  • root

How can i make the schedules task works?

Regards

Try to point the full path to rm:
0 */1 * ** /bin/rm -rf /var/lib/php/session/*

Check also cron logs:
[root]# grep hourly /var/log/cron | tail

Back